New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newb from Columbus, Ohio (pics included :))

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb from Columbus, Ohio (pics included :))

Hey all - new to the CBR life so I figured I should introduce myself.

Been riding for 15 years, but with periods of no riding in between. I've been consistently on bikes since 2003. Bought a ninja 500 and rode that for a few years until I sold it in July 2007 for a '98 ZX-7R - this was my first "real" sportbike.

That love affair lasted for about 2 1/2 months, whence I became drunk with the power of the bike and crashed for the first time since I started riding. Not bad, I wasn't going very fast - but my back tire was cooked, I was fatigued and riding with a group of much better riders trying to keep up. Lost it in a blind high-low left hander and low-sided at about 25-30mph. I was wearing a textile jacket which saved my shoulder, my helmet didnt even touch the ground, palms of my fingerless gloves got shredded. My knee hit the ground first and I was only wearing jeans - jacked up my knee a bit but nothing terrible.

anyway I sold the 7 after that accident. Bought a Honda VTR 250 for 2008 and getting back on the horse.

Just bought a '99 CBR600 to get back into the "real" bikes again and I couldn't be happier. Not a perfect bike but a very good bike. I've had a couple of other bikes in between but just kept flipping them because I couldn't find one I really liked. Well the CBR did the trick.

here's a couple pics:

Anyway I hope I can contribute here in some meaningful way!

Old 05-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Progrmr, congratulations on your new F4. Besides the obvious, the bike looks really clean.
I've never seen sliders mounted in that location before.
Welcome to CBRF