Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone live in Columbus Ohio??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 02:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone live in Columbus Ohio??

I live on OSU campus and keep my bike at a friends apartment in Hilliard but he just moved to florida and now the only place i have to keep my bike is at my moms house in Dayton(1.5 hours away[:@]) Keeping it at my place is out of the question, i live on the corner ofcrack headlane and dope slingin dr. and if you left apile of dog **** in a brown bagoutside someone would steal it.cant afford comprehensive insurance, and i cant find a garage to rent near by froma realtor

So my question is is there anyone on here it a nice part of columbus that has spare garage room to rent out? even if its a shed or barn, i just need somewhere to put my bike where i know it will be locked up and safe. I prefer having it in somones garage who owns bikes and knows how to respect them, people that dont own them just dont quite get it. let me know, Thanks all!

Also anyone in dayton that wants to go for a ride Saturday or sunday hit me up, ill be out ridingwhile the weather is nice.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Anyone live in Columbus Ohio??

Damn thats a bum deal. You would think there would be storage places near a huge college like that, hell sounds like a good business venture. Best of luck on your search bro.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:27 AM

Thanks TK, it is a shatty deal, they have storage places around here but the cost is outrageous and the ones that are not could be kicked in by a 12 year old and there are a lot of shady charaters around those areas. I considered putting it in the back of my truck, covering it, tieing it down, and backing my truck up against the wall. Only problem is my truck is a stick so if someone was going to steal it im sure they wouldnt mind breaking a window, taking it out of gear and rolling the truck forward and taking the bike out, or just hotwiring the truck and make a quick $8000 package deal. I looked at it the other day and i could put a ramp on the stairs and get it into the halway of my apartment building but its too long to get in the door cuz the halway is so skinny so scratch that idea. I already signed my lease for the next 15 months too right before this happened.... Im at a loss, heh when i had my bike up here i went home about once every 3 months to visit, took my bike down there 3 weeks ago and have been down there 3 weekends in a row since then, and going back wednesday haha, I cant live without it!

as far as the business venture goes, there is no room to build/expand and cost of property is sky high around here and no one around here has anything of value to store for the most part. were all poor college students lol there are a couple dozen bike riders, mostly commuters that store their bikes at home all of which are pretty much cocky ****** with slow bikes that think they are hot **** so i dont get along with them real well(as mentioned in another forum, sandles,shorts,helment mohawk is the usual attire of these guys). So im still on the search.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Well i guess you could either pay the high prices for a few months of the year for the good storage, then take it home for winter. Or buy a little honda accord or something for the every weekend trips home . Dunno, sounds like a bummer of a deal either way. I will keep my fingers crossed that someone comes thru for ya. May want to even consider pasting your first post in the regional, and off topic areas to get the max viewing audience.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry bro, I wish I could help out.
I am not too far from you, just north of"crack headlane and dope slingin dr."
I barely have room for my own stuff.

+1 on posting in the regional section.
A few of ushooked up and rode a few weeks back.
https://cbrforum.com/m_573398/tm.htm

Old 06-03-2008, 04:31 PM

will do, where you at in columbus? I need some people to ride with around here, all my friends either moved to florida, chicago, or sold thier bikes, im the only one left.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM

You guys were spot on with posting in the reginals, 30 seconds after i posted someone hit me up with a place right next to where i used to keep my bike that rents garages for fairly cheap. Thanks!

Old 06-03-2008, 06:33 PM

There's an apartment complex off of feder rd which is right off of 70 and rome hilliard rd that will rent you a one car grage for 30$ a month. That where i had to keep mine the first 2 months i got it until i moved. Its off the left hand side of feder just past handles ice cream. They're white apartments and you dont need a lease to get into one. Let me know if you need more info.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:12 AM

thanks a lot man! I will try to check them out when i get back up there. My truck took a **** on me wednesday after a long night ofabuse so im in the process of fixing that and am stranded in dayton till then. luckily my bike is down here!