New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New rider

Old 06-24-2018, 03:54 PM
Default New rider

Evening all, itís been many years since Iíve been part of an owners club, but then again (due to family) itís been many years since Iíve had a toy which I was so into as I am my bike!

Passed my DAS 2 weeks ago, and already had my bike waiting for me tucked away in my garage. Go easy on me, SOME PEOPLE say a sports bike isnít suitable for a beginner, but itís a bike Iíve always wanted so after hearing advice from both sides, I decided to go for it. I bought me CBR600RR-7 a week before passing my test and Iíve put 400miles on it since (whoops!).

Completely standard apart from a Scorpion can, I must say, I am absolutely hooked. No real plans to change anything yet, as you can imagine thereís not really any need to.

I work for Pirelli Tyres so have a lot of people I can ask for help through work regarding bikes in general, but thought a more knowledgable group would be more beneficial when I get to know it better. Not really had much mechanical experience with cars, so other than basic things Iím running a bit blind at the moment!

Old 06-25-2018, 01:14 AM
Super Moderator

Hello and welcome , dont listen to naysayers , its your choice ,go ahead and do it, I still get the raised eyebrow cause I ride a 954( I'm 65), buts thats just because they haven't got the ***** to ride one them selves, great bike

Old 06-25-2018, 04:40 PM

She's a gorgeous looker!

As CaBaRet says, do what the hell you want. Sounds like you're not a teenager and have got more than fresh air between your ears, so enjoy yourself.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:06 AM

Nah unfortunately Iím now 33yrs old with 2 kids and a wife (how the hell did THAT happen?!)

So Iíve got Jungís to live for which seems to be keeping me relatively safe so far.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:11 PM

Nice looking ride. There are a lot worse bike to start out on. The biggest mistake is to start out with a heavy bike, you did good.

welcome!