New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New rider, new member

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rider, new member

Hello all! I go by Rybo (pronounced R-eye-bo) and I've been riding for about two months now. I took the MSF course in July and I've been occasionally buzzing around on a buddies Grom clone since then. Today I had the great pleasure of welcoming my very first bike to the family, a 1994 CBR600F2!

Name:  x362BRq.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  132.4 KB

Overall, it's in decent shape. She was laid down by the previous owner and he replaced all the plastics with the ones seen in the picture and added sliders. That works out great for me because I love lime green, and I love unique. She runs strong and sounds absolutely glorious with the D&D exhaust. I got her for an absolute STEAL at $1,200 USD, but that obviously means she does need SOME work. I'll save that for another thread.

So a bit about me. I'm married with a 3 year old daughter, and we just found out that we're expecting our second child in April! I work full-time for Lockheed Martin in the Denver metro and I'm going to school part time to slowly but surely finish the degree I started a decade ago. Next month I turn 30 and I realized that I have a family I love, a job I love, but that I have no hobbies and I craved something new in my life that fulfilled my need for adventure. My wife dubbed it my "one-third life crisis."

I considered a lot of things before narrowing it down to either a fixed wing or helicopter pilot license, or riding motorcycles. After really studying each I came to the conclusion that I'm just not in a financial position to do the former and I dove headfirst into this wonderful world we all share. My wife wasn't too keen initially but warmed up to it when I explained to her that I was dedicated to doing it as safely as possible. I joined forums, I joined Discord groups, I talked to people at work, and I researched as much as I could. And now I'm here.

Looking forward to being a part of this community! I'll be the guy asking LOTS of questions

Cheers!

Rybo

Old 09-19-2017, 01:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Rybo, welcome, I think you are right about the "one third life crisis" it's healthy to have an obsession that is just your own thing.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:50 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Rybo, welcome to the forum

You're right, a guy needs a hobby, preferably more than one.

You need to get that baby up in the mountains, but remember to stay safe and take it steady at first.

Golden rule is to keep the rubber side down