New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New guy in the bike world

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New guy in the bike world

Hey guys whats going on? Name is Jason and typically I am on the car side. Yet with this I did recently get a 1994 Honda CBR 600 F2. With this it has 18,000 miles on it. So far its been a great bike yet when I bought it I found out a day later that it has a slipping clutch on it. Pic's are below of my bike and my work with cars that I own. If you have any questions feel free to post on here or hit me up on pm's. I am sure ill be asking questions.

Name:  Test1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  136.3 KB

Old 08-22-2009, 04:48 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a sharp looking F2, Jason! Real nice. I like that blue a lot.
I have a gallon of blue pearl paint waiting to be sprayed on my civic si that is almost that exact color, just a little lighter. Finished up the body and laid some primer today, actually, and sprayed a couple test panels. I think blue pearls and metallics look good.
Oh, and as far your cars.... I guess they are pretty cool, too... Even though they're fords...

Anyway, enough rambling...
Welcome to the Forum, man!
If the clutch is slipping, it MAY be an oil related issue, but a clutch swap shouldn't be a big deal at all. Pick up a manual, and ask questions over in the F2 section. Good people over there that will help you out if you need it.

Take care and Ride safe!

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 08-22-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:30 PM

Sweet thanks for letting me into the family guys.

Background about me:
I have a automotive degree behind me so that's why I have the cars as posted. I moderate two car websites(teamzx2.com and Zx2ms.com).

Zx2:
The Z has bolt on's and Nitrous. Should do roughly around a high 13 in the quarter mile. Also has done to the interior as well since its not stock. With this I have had this car since I was in high school and tend to keep it all my life. She has won me two awards this year and will be in a calander.

Mustang:
1969 Mustang with a 302 Orignal. I am just keeping it cleaning and putting it back to specs on everything. With this only thing left is a paint job(even though paint isn't bad).

The CBR I just picked up a couple of days ago. I still have my permit :/. Yet I have been putting a good amount of hours into driving it. I heard around were I live(MN). Its a pain to get your licences with this kind of bike. I picked this bike up based on I have heard great things about Honda's and got a great deal on it.

Ask any questions or pm me. Also I am on aim if you ever want to talk about anything Krux303

Old 08-22-2009, 08:11 PM

Haha your a funny dude.

Glad to be here. I wouldn't consider myself smart hahah. I am still a young fellow just trying to make his paths in life.

If you guys need any advice on cars as well you can always pm me and ill try to help you out. Its a give and take relationship.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Administrator - Retired

Oh great... he's a hardcore ford guy, too....
Maybe we shouldn't let him in here?
(lol.... you know I'm just kiddin' ya bud... nice cars!)

I have had this car since I was in high school and tend to keep it all my life.
I know how you feel, man. My Si is a 1990. I've had it since high school, too, and I can't seem to let it go (much to the dismay of my wife...lol...she says it's time to let it go. No freakin' way!!). I just put a new motor in it a couple of years ago, and now it's getting a major cosmetic restore. (Paint, RS body kit, new Si wheels, new carpet, etc. etc.)
It's got 212k miles on it....130k by me.

I heard around were I live(MN). Its a pain to get your licences with this kind of bike.
Kind-of the same thing here. It's tough to do the figure 8's in the square on some sportbikes. I was lock to lock and barely moving, and I couldn't cut it the first time around. It's kind-of aggravating. The testing guy told me it happens all the time and to come back on a non-sport. I asked him to try, and he said it was a waste of time because it's impossible...lol...
I thought I just sucked...
The MSF course is a great way to go, though.. I would do that.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:22 PM

Sweet that you have a si. What are you swaping in there for motors? B18? I hear you about not getting rid of your high school car. You will love it after its all done. Post up pic's. I'd love to see it

So MSF course? What is that? I am kind of nervous. My buddy has a cb175cc. With it though it was dying on me today when I letting it idle. I heard that will kill you on the test as well. With this on nice thing about the cbr is i can leave it in first and keep applying the brake as much as possiable and she wont die and will still go(not fast but enough to not die).

Old 08-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Administrator - Retired

Thanks man. I got sooo many calls by people who wanted to buy it while it was sitting, and I came close to selling, but couldn't give it up.
I just put a B16 in it (got a deal on a nice one), but I may end up with a B18 down the line...who knows. It came with the D16, so any B-series was an upgrade.
I'll post up some pics when I get finished spraying it. Hopefully everything goes well and it turns out good. It's a lot of work... lol..

The MSF course is a course that the Motorcycle Safety Foundation sponsors as an alternative to taking the regular skills test. It's just a course that teaches you some good riding skills and allows you to earn your license through taking the course. They provide bikes and everything in most cases (I think).
Here is a link to MSF. Motorcycle Safety Foundation

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 08-22-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! I used to have a 99 si also.

Quick Reply: New guy in the bike world