New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

My name is Sammy...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My name is Sammy...

Hey everybody!

I'm new to street bike riding and am happy there is a community here to share experiences, tips, and projects with. A little bit about my experience:

I grew up in a small town on the east coast in Virginia riding a 2008 CRF100F dirt bike on my family's farm. It has been one of my most fond memories, ripping that thing around the corners of the corn fields and making trails in the woods. In the short time of riding, I became very comfortable to the world of motorsports and I plan on riding for years and years to come.

Fast forward to early November last year (2018), I bought a 2001 CBR600F4i, ready to get right back into riding. Which turned out to be a mistake, but also a very good learning experience.
Living in Nashville at the time, I found the bike on Facebook marketplace 4 hours away in Cincinnati... So I decided I'd go pick it up and drive it back. And that's exactly what happened. First time ever on a street bike, drove it back to Nashville without a problem. So already, I was convinced that I could handle this 400 pound beast with 500 more cubic inches of engine as good as the bike I had when I was 12. I had owned this bike for maybe 5 days now and the day I finally got my plate on it, I decided to go out for a ride that night after it stopped raining... I went around a turn going the speed limit, but I didn't look into the turn, instead my head was fixated on the wet leaves to the outside of the turn and I ended up running into a guy's front yard and into a small cinder block wall, broke my left big toe, and the wall... and my bike.

This experience put me in my place. I have fixed the bike and have been riding it since being recovered from my injury. I now treat the bike with a lot more respect and I try to be intentional with every maneuver I make on it. I hope to improve my road riding skills and to share more with you all in the near future!

-Sammy

The old toy.

The day I picked her up in Cincy! Oct. 27, 2018

.....yup.

A little radiator damage from the impact.

My temporary fix. I plan on getting new fairings and repairing the old front rim.

Me and my brother's projects.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

Welcome Sammy. Thanks for the story. We all have them and it's great to hear others. Glad it was only your toe.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum Sammy