Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

How long did yall ride before riding on the street?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long did yall ride before riding on the street?

Just surious. I v been riding off road since I was 8-9. ANd have owned about 4 dirt bikes. Iv driven on the street before and I bought my first street bike in Jan.
Iv been trying to teach my g/f how to ride. Shes rode about 3 times in parking lots. Now were arguing about her riding around on the street.She gets all pissed off because I dont think shes ready to jump on the street with a bike to heavy for her to pick up if it falls down. And she hasnt mastered taking off at all. She still kills it. How about yall? How long did yall wait?

Old 02-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Default RE: How long did yall ride before riding on the street?

I too started out riding MX around 9-10yrs old...BMX too. Bought my first street bike at 17 (CBR 750-4) and have been riding street bikes ever since (I'm 42 now). I would HIGHLY recommend a ridng course for your g/f (maybe for you too )

I would not advise your g/f to ride in the streets until she's FULLY comfortable with the bike and it's controls.

Old 03-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not much time at all. If you want your g/f to ride with you soon, i'd run her through an MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) course.

Old 03-06-2005, 01:03 AM
L8X

i guess it depends where you live too. some cities are just crazy to ride in the street (sf and ny). But yes, I would have to agree that a motorcycle riding course is never a bad idea.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:19 PM

I started riding a yz 80 at about 5/6 and I have been on dirt toys ever since. I have just recently started riding a street bike, however I am considering taking a motyorcycle safety course for myself. If I were you I would definatly recomend the course to your G/f.

Old 03-08-2005, 01:44 PM

Definatly sign your girlfriend up for a MSF class. It will build a lot of self confidence for her and teach her the skills she needs to ride and survive on the street. Just because she passes won't make her a master, but it will get her on the right track. I told my girlfriend I wasn't going to teach her how to ride or show her anything till she takes the MSF class. I want her to learn the right habbits and way to ride before I do anything. Even after she takes the class, i'll work with her in a parking lot for abit before putting her on the street. If you care about her, you should want her to learn things the right way, so she will be around for awhile.