New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey new here and need some direction!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey new here and need some direction!

Hey whats going on guys I'm new here so stopping in and saying watsup! I currently do not have a bike, but I am looking for a used CBR. My only problem right now is money, I don't have enough cash to buy one ($2000 right now), so it looks like I need to finance one. I'm only 18 but I have a steady job, but not sure how to go about buying a used bike. I've checked out a few dealerships for new ones but their just too pricey so I'm looking for a used one currently. Only question is if I was going to buy it from a private seller would I have to get a loan from the bank? If anyone knows of a good place around toms river, nj to buy a bike and I can finance one let me know. Sorry for the stupid questions, thanks.

Old 07-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hey new here and need some direction!

Not stupid questions at all dude. You'll get a better deal on a used bike from a private seller but it's riskier because the bike could be about to fall apart. Dealers usually won't take a trade in unless it's in decent condition but they're gonna ask more for it. If you finance a used bike you're gonna get raped on the interest -- don't forget insurance and gear.

You should pick up a copy of cycletrader in your area and see what the average price is for what you're looking for. For $2000 you could get a decent 600 but of course it won't be late model. And if you haven't taken the MSF course do that FIRST.

Good luck!

Old 07-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. MSF course
2. Classified Ads, Cycletrader.com
3. Have an aquaintance check out any bike for you before you buy
4. Know your limits and stay within them
5. Ride the wheels off that sucker[8D]

Old 07-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to get my license next week before I even buy the bike. Believe me though I'm not a beginner at riding bikes at all I've ridden many, and was brought up driving dirtbikes, even tho its like night and day I know what I am capable of. I just want to make sure I can and will get a bike before I do anything no point in wasting my time on something thats not going to happen. Also say if I was to buy from a private seller, I'm guessing I would have to get a loan on the bike, but what are my chances of getting a loan, I have credit already ( 2 credit cards ) and a steady job etc etc. One more thing, I looked at a few places that give loans for motorcycles and they all had a minimum, cheapest I saw was 5000 for a loan, what happens if the bike I want is only 4000 where could I find a place that does loans that small? Thanks for the replies guys!