New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Future Bike Purchase Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future Bike Purchase Questions!

Im pretty sure know one here has ever seen me on the forums here but I have a few questions on bikes. Im no noob when it comes to driving sportbikes and such. But currently I am in the process of being sent to Italy for AirForce and was wondering if the CBR1000RR would bea good all around bike to drive around. I want to havea comfortable bike but want to keep the full sport bike thing. Im just wanting all of your opinions on if it be a good idea or bad idea. I have the money to go out and buy one brand new right now if I want to but since I'll be leaving the states I need to wait. But again Im going to be in Italy. Can you guys give me some opinions based on if its a good idea to buy the 1000RR?

Old 07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Default RE: Future Bike Purchase Questions!

personally i love them but how long are you going to itally for? if you buy it before you leave and are gone for 2 years the things going to de-preciate just sitting there. i would wait till you get back and then purchase one. but imo the bike is awsome my next bike would definatly be one.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:21 PM

I have a 2006 CBR1000 and I love it ! The only problem has been a factory recall due to a fuel tank leak. It was repaired at no cost to me. The redesigned 2008 model looks pretty cool, with the exhaust down low, but I have not ridden one. I recommend the CBR1000. Italian alpine roads would be a real blast to ride on ! Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:42 PM

I have the 08 Blade............Buy one. SIMPLE AS THAT MY FRIEND.

To give you an idea on how good it is as not only a sports bike but a long journey bike too I went from Edinburgh Scotland all the way down through England accross into France all the way down through France over the Alps down to Tuscany in Italy for the motogp in Mugello at the end of May and back again in 6 days. That is over 2900 almost 3000 actually. I had to put some more durable tyres on as I had Dunlop qualifiers on and they would not have got me to Italy let alone back again so I stuck on some Pirelli Corsa 3's. I am 17st 6'1" and I never had an ache from the ride. Remember you have to fill up every 110 - 130 miles or so depending on how hard you ride her so that is about an hour and a half tops. Thats enough time off the bike to stretch the old limbs and get the blood back in yer fingers. As Raven said get her up the Alps through the Grand St Bernard pass Yeeeeha. If you go through the Mont Blanc tunnel get off and push it, there are about 8 speed cameras and it cost me 150 Euros cash no argument on the spot. ANy way get one, enjoy Italy get to the Alpine roads Aosta Valley etc, go see Rome it'll blow you away and take care.

Good luck and happy riding.

Gazza UK

Old 07-22-2008, 06:30 PM

Thanks for all the information guys and Gazza thanks for the info on in Italy I'll be sure to hit around the spotsa few. Im a little shocked though, if I drive very conserv. what kind of miles am I going to get with the bike? 130 aint bad for the bike but Im only going to be able to drive it around weekends only and maybe sometimes not even get to on the weekends. I know its very lame to ask for higher mileage with a one liter bike thats a full ballz out speed demon. But Im just kind of curious what miles you get when you drive careful and not slam the accelerator.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:46 PM

Err sorry mate never tried that,

Gazza