CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Future bike list

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future bike list

Hey guys, so I've had my CBR for 6 years now and I'm staring to look for a new ride. I might sell mine next season or in the fall.
Here is the list of bikes I'm looking at
Triumph ST Sprint 1050
Triumph Daytona 675
Suzuki GSX-R750
BMW F800ST
I still have yet to test ride this list, my local dealer has the Sprint which I plan on taking out soon. My buddy has the GSX-1000 and really wants me to take it for a ride, he says the ergo's are not bad and the handeling and powerband is surperb. The 675 is an awesome bike, but when compared to the GSX-R's they seem to have better ergos for longer rides,( but I just love the look of it). I'm still waiting on US pricing for the F800ST which wouldn't hit the US until next March. Any of you guys been on any of these bikes? I know for ergos the ST Sprint will be the best but it is also a heavier ride. I'm not hardcore track rider, but do plan on hitting the track at least once a season.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Noe
Default RE: Future bike list

I don't get it... Why trade of one of the best bikes ever built(my opinion anyway) to get a Suzuki or a Triumph??? (the enemy [:'(])

If you have to get a new ride, why not try the Blackbird or the VFR800 ?

The VFR probably has better handling than the most of us can ever use anyway...

Remember: Friends don't let good friends drive Suzuki...

Old 08-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Noe

I don't get it... Why trade of one of the best bikes ever built(my opinion anyway) to get a Suzuki or a Triumph??? (the enemy [:'(])

If you have to get a new ride, why not try the Blackbird or the VFR800 ?

The VFR probably has better handling than the most of us can ever use anyway...

Remember: Friends don't let good friends drive Suzuki...
Or hang on to the CBR just in case you want to go back to it.
I am always toying with the idea of another bike, to park along side the 1KF. One thing for sure, there is no such thing as a perfect bike. The touring bikes are to big. The sport bikes are to small. A Goldwing can't go off road (not really). You can't ride sport bikes for a long distance. Mini bikes suck at 2 up. Standard bikes don't offer protection from the elements. Some bikes are just plain ugly. Other bikes are just run of the mill. Some are too heavy. Some go straight real fast but can't turn. The CBR1000F, I have found, does a lot and does it well. Don't be to hasty to offload it. You could regret it later.

EDIT ADD: I have talked with riders that sold their ST1100's to buy the ST1300. They regret selling the 1100. More money spent on something that does the same thing. A friend of mine stoped by yesterday to show me his new ST1300. He said that it cooks his ankles and it is heavier than he expected.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: geoffv

Hey guys, so I've had my CBR for 6 years now and I'm staring to look for a new ride. I might sell mine next season or in the fall.
Here is the list of bikes I'm looking at
Triumph ST Sprint 1050
Triumph Daytona 675
Suzuki GSX-R750
BMW F800ST
I still have yet to test ride this list, my local dealer has the Sprint which I plan on taking out soon. My buddy has the GSX-1000 and really wants me to take it for a ride, he says the ergo's are not bad and the handeling and powerband is surperb. The 675 is an awesome bike, but when compared to the GSX-R's they seem to have better ergos for longer rides,( but I just love the look of it). I'm still waiting on US pricing for the F800ST which wouldn't hit the US until next March. Any of you guys been on any of these bikes? I know for ergos the ST Sprint will be the best but it is also a heavier ride. I'm not hardcore track rider, but do plan on hitting the track at least once a season.
I have both a CBR 1000 F -92 and a GSX R1000 -03. The ergo on the GSX R sucks compared to the very comfy CBR, and I'm not tall and can by that do 1000 km's (which is silly) in one day on the GSX R. Still, I would say that the CBR is by far a much better all-around bike. From your list, the ST Sprint is the only bike that can possibly match the CBR. I have driven a rented Triumph Sprint RS 955i -00 or -01 quite a lot, and that was a nice bike, but still not in the same division as the CBR.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:35 PM

I guess I had it coming right I mean what was I thinking asking a CBRF forum for some feedback on other bikes. I was hoping someone had been on the new ST, I know ther ergos on that bike will be great. I've been on an 02 Gixxer and the 06's are supose to have better ergos and smoother throttle response. For the sport bikes i listed, I know I could improve some ergos with risers, new seat, and taller windscreen. I still want to be able to use hard luggage for longer trips, so I'm really leaning towards the St 1050. Of course cash is a problem right now[&:].

Old 08-10-2006, 04:58 AM

What about a Suzuki GSX-1300 R

Old 08-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Noe

BTW. I have also considered the ST1050 to replace the Hurricane some day. It's a nice looking sportstourer, with plenty of power and good looks. Only drawback is that it isn't a Honda...

But don't tell anyone around here

Old 08-14-2006, 03:51 PM

ha so there are some guys that like the ST. I love the lines/look of the triumph bikes. The GSX-1300 is to heavy, our bike is a lot of work in the twisties.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:16 AM

A mate of mine has a '02 955i, nice bike, i have done a few k's on it, very smoothe, i like it, my fav at the moment is the speed triple, i'd get one of those if i had the bucks...

Old 08-29-2006, 11:12 AM

So I finally took the ST Sprint out for an hour and a half demo ride. First impressions is that
when you start the bike up the triple sounds awesome and I love the styling
of the Brit bikes. But after having been on the ST for over an hour I
did not get off the bike with a huge grin and wow factor ( kept thinking, yeah
this is a nice ride, but my 16 year old bike can do all of this as well).
When compared to my 620lbs bike the ST is about 130lbs lighter but still
isn't much better in the twisties and needs to be worked through the turns.
I was surprised that the bike was pretty jumpy at lower speeds riding around
town, I didn't like the throttle response, it wasn't very smooth. The ST
feels a little faster in 1st gear, but there after my bike pulls harder and
faster. The suspension was better than mine of course, the windscreen is
terrible and the seat was pretty bad as well. Basically I came to a decision that dropping 10 grand on a new bike that doesn't ride much different than mine isn't worth it. Next on my list is the new GSX-R, my buddy will let me keep his bike for 2 weeks, after that I'll know if I want a true sport bike or something with better ergos.
Have any of you guys been on a Superhawk?

Quick Reply: Future bike list