New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

asking for advice new 1994 CBR 1000F owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default asking for advice new 1994 CBR 1000F owner

Hello fellow riders!

Looking over the bike and running
so I am picking my bike up on Friday. when I went to look at the bike it was a cold engine and started right up. I let the bike idle and it was perfect at RPM's . Sounded very clean and well precision engine in the front. I turned the bike off and let it set for a few and it started right back up sounded the same. The bike gas tank was nice and clean no rust anywhere with a fuel filter attached and it was clean.

The test ride
I did not have a helmet so I did not go very far. I went about a mile total. The bike to me sounded good. when shifting the gears they all went through fine. I went through shifting and then down shifting all seem fine. As I was riding it I did hear some rattling very faint. The chain seemed nice and secure. Ok so I wont lie on the straight away I did get on her from 1st to 4th gear as my straight away was all i had and again no helmet so I did not push it. It did seem a little sluggish on the take off. Now that could be for 2 reasons. I use to ride a 2008 Kawasaki z14r and it could be cause the bike has been sitting for about 3 months. The brakes seemed good the back not as strong but that normal I think with all bikes, the front stopped nicely.

So this is my question
I have a hour ride back to my place mostly highway. I have no way to get it home but ride it. From all that I have told you guys/gals can you add anything to help me out. The bike as I said is in great shape. and yes I have my helmet and jacket for safety. So any advice for my ride home or next steps is greatly appreciated. sorry so long and I hope I did not brake no rules. I am trying to post my profile pic but I keep getting now allowed. I guess due to being a newbie. Thank you in advance for any help.