Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My girl went down today.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post My girl went down today.

so we're riding up to home depot and walmart today. we pull up to a stop sign she has problems with. she always stalls there cuz it's on a hill and mostly does well with the clutch. to say the least she does not do well on hills. I tell her to give it more gas to compensate for the hill. I ride off and look back to see if she's done well. To my suprise I look back and she's doing a wheelie across the road. she lets off the throttle and it slams back onto the ground, she wobbles a few times, tries to save it and goes down right in the middle of the road ( a state route ) so I park the bike and run back to check on her. when I get to her she looks high on adrenline and I crack a joke to see if she's alright and she laughs. I pick the bike up and pull it to the side of the road. I look all over the bike after seeing she's okay. I couldnt find any damage. then she spots a very small rash on the upper fairing next to her handle bars. All in all it was a learning experience. She got back on her bike and rode the rest of the trip. I was proud she toughed it out. So what do yall think? it's her second season and that was the first time she's ever went down.

Last edited by mikeyg2487; 06-30-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:55 PM
it was just so scarey bcuz there was traffic all around. The best part or worst part, was the fact that my dad was following us cuz we wanted some seat time and it was his errand. I have just never seen that much adrenaline pumping through some1. she got a small scrape on her. I want to get her more gear. I bought her some gloves and she already had a helmet. I'm not a very good example bcuz I only wear a armored jacket and jeans and a helmet when I ride. I was suppose to buy her a armored jacket for her b-day but bought her a laptop instead. dumb me. but you're ride I'm glad it's out of her system now. I always told her there is two types of riders, those that have went down and those that are going to go down. I always jokingly say I am both of those riders cuz I know I'm going down again.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:22 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Good Spirit!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 12:24 AM

Teach her to hold the bike on hills with the rear brake. That way she is not trying to operate the front brake and throttle at the same time, or popping the clutch when she's rolling backwards. Tell her to let the clutch out slow and when she hears the engine loading up to release the rear brake. Its okay to ride the clutch until she is rolling... that is what we teach on the motorcycle course.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:38 AM

see I don't even really think about the whole clutch/hill thing because I have been in powersports since I was eleven. I never even use my brakes at stop sign hills. I just use my clutches friction zone and roll forwards and back for fun. I must admit I'm not the best teacher too. I taught her better clutch techniques on flat ground and how to counter-steer and that's it.

I want to get her into a MSF course BUT, They're always booked months in advance. finally I said buck it and scheduled my rider exam and take it the 7th of july. my last exam got rained out.

Last edited by mikeyg2487; 07-01-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by yumoncbr
Good Spirit!!!

Thank you, yumoncbr! How in the world did you get 600 something posts since February 2011?

I post like once every other day kinda sorta and have been a member since 09 I think

Last edited by mikeyg2487; 07-01-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyg2487
Thank you, yumoncbr! How in the world did you get 600 something posts since February 2011?

I post like once every other day kinda sorta and have been a member since 09 I think
The simple answer is her presence is well known. AKA she is a post *****. haha

Old 07-01-2011, 09:35 AM

sounds like shes a keeper! glad shes ok. hills are evil for newish riders.. thats where i went down the fist time i road... I would try and find a parking lot with a slight incline and just work on using the friction zone..

Old 07-01-2011, 10:32 AM

She definitely sounds like she did a great job toughing it out. I'm not gonna lie I think I would have a heart attack if I saw my girl go down.

Quick Reply: My girl went down today.