Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My girl went down today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011 | 11:30 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
The simple answer is her presence is well known. AKA she is a post *****. haha
wow I passed fenatic too

Originally Posted by cynicalrider
She definitely sounds like she did a great job toughing it out. I'm not gonna lie I think I would have a heart attack if I saw my girl go down.
I would probably gotten into more trouble than her, if that was me. My ex was more worried about my bike than me when I fell. hahaa

Old 07-01-2011 | 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Teach her to hold the bike on hills with the rear brake. That way she is not trying to operate the front brake and throttle at the same time, or popping the clutch when she's rolling backwards. Tell her to let the clutch out slow and when she hears the engine loading up to release the rear brake. Its okay to ride the clutch until she is rolling... that is what we teach on the motorcycle course.

Originally Posted by sumone
I would try and find a parking lot with a slight incline and just work on using the friction zone..
Definitely take her out and get her more comfortable with the friction zone. Start small like sumone said, but definitely make her practice on some more severe hills with the advice thrasher gave. This is definitely something that needs to become second nature to her.

You mentioned that neither of you have taken an MSF course yet good to hear yours is coming up, but get her signed up ASAP! They teach a lot of these basics that are crucial to preventing noob mistakes like these. Also, do you both have licenses? If not, I know most if not all of the MSF courses allow you to take your license test right at the end of the course.

Highly recommend getting her a jacket as well. Cortech Women's LRX Series 2 Jacket - RevZilla BOOM only $80, you can even tell her to go buy it herself using that baller laptop you just got her .

Very glad to hear that she's alright and that she shook it off like a champ. It's always good to hear about people getting their significant others into riding.

Old 07-01-2011 | 12:33 PM

or

On a side note - i'd like to add that my girlfriend went down this morning too

Old 07-01-2011 | 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
or

Really surprised it went to page two before the obvious was stated.

Though I think the same applies for you, Nate.

Old 07-01-2011 | 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by amRRussel
Really surprised it went to page two before the obvious was stated.

Though I think the same applies for you, Nate.
Heh - I thought the same thing; and quickly got my comment in before any of you other pervs could.

Anyways that sort of pic might get me banned hahah - and what would CBRF do without Nate???

Old 07-01-2011 | 04:32 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by cynicalrider
She definitely sounds like she did a great job toughing it out. I'm not gonna lie I think I would have a heart attack if I saw my girl go down.
lol same

Old 07-01-2011 | 04:55 PM
|

she's complaining about the rash stinging today but other than that she wants to go out and ride this weekend.

Old 07-01-2011 | 04:55 PM
Banned

hahahahaha "post *****"

Old 07-01-2011 | 05:17 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

im glad it turned out like it did. it could be a lot worse with the traffic and all.

i think its in her head that once she comes to a hill, she will stall out, she needs to get it out of her head and practice, practice and practice. i give her a lot of props for riding with you. i wish my wife would want to ride with me on my bike (2 up), she said she is scared.

have fun riding this weekend.

Old 07-02-2011 | 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Anyways that sort of pic might get me banned hahah - and what would CBRF do without Nate???
LOL funny you ask. If nate wasnt here to run off all the ladys im sure there would be a 2 to 1 ratio of females to males on this site thus making it much much better.

Instead we get nate.

JK

Quick Reply: My girl went down today.