Ladies Lounge Off Topic Section for female CBR enthusiasts to discuss non-CBR related topics.

Women's Roll Call..... post up!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Women's Roll Call..... post up!!

ORIGINAL: neebelung

Since this is a brand new area to CBR Forums, why don't we start with a little Women's Roll Call so we have a better idea who we're dealing with.....

Copy and paste the questions below:

Name: Lindsey

Where do you live? East Hampton, Connecticut

What are you riding? had 00 cbr 600 f4, now have 06 gsxr 750

How long have you been riding? almost 7 years

What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) ride to work
everyday, go on group rides-mostly med. to fast past w/ lots of twisties (about 150-350 miles every weekend), and will start going to the track next summer.

Why do you love this sport? dunno, just do...i like riding better than driving a car and i love the rush of trying to get a little lower in ea. turn and a little higher w/ ea. wheelie.

How did you get into this sport? my hubby got his first bike when we were 18 and i started riding his and then decided i wanted one of my own.

Advice for new riders? keep it at your own pace, don't try to keep up with others and don't try to push yourself to far to fast.

How did you find CBR Forums? simple internet search got me here.

And please, feel free to include a picture of you (and your ride!) so we can put a face with the name!

Old 12-29-2006, 11:37 PM

Name: Katie Reed
Where do you live? Small Town near Chestertown, MD
What are you riding? 2000 CBR 929RR
How long have you been riding? 4+ years
What kind of riding do you do? Street...Road racing, lil stuntin, love the twisties!
Why do you love this sport? Gives my a natural high. Such a rush going 150 mph + and seeing what you can make your machine do.
How did you get into this sport? Funny question... long story short..rebeling against my husband when I was married!
(single now)
Advice for new riders? Ride the turns alot! Get use to your bike.
How did you find CBR Forums? Searching for bike tires. LOL

[IMG]local://upfiles/13094/C840CDE967604945AC0AECDCD6DE9538.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-24-2007, 09:26 AM

Name: emma or ems to friends
Where do you live? Kirk Ella, Hull, England
What are you riding? CBR600 F3
How long have you been riding? my own bike just over 2 years, but i've been around bikes almost 20 years
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) touring, city/country but i'm looking at doing my first track day this year, which is a little scary but i'm always up for a challange
Why do you love this sport? just being out on the road and feeling free just you and the bike. i also like watching WSB, GP, and BSB which i try and get to as many live races as possible lol
How did you get into this sport? well, ex husband actually. he's always had bikes and about 3 years ago had enough of being a pillion and thought "i can do this too" and here i am unfortunatly single but i kept my bike lol
Advice for new riders? dont push ya limits, learn how your bike handles and take one step at a time, you'll soon be up there giving the boys something to look at
How did you find CBR Forums? waslooking for advice about servicing my own bike. been let down by a male friend and have bought all the kit, so i'm going to have a go myself hey cant beat them join them xx

i look forward to speaking with some of you soon

take care

Old 03-05-2007, 11:52 AM

*Name: Lisa, but U can call me, Chuck...
*Where do you live? S.E.Michigan
*What are you riding? Just got a CBR1000RR, haven't riddin her yet, my last bike was an 04' RC-51[&o]I miss her already!!
*How long have you been riding? 4-5 yrs
*What kind of riding do you do? "spirited street", & want to get onthe tack. I got the nick name Chuck, cause apparently I "ride like a dude". I think its spozed 2 b a compliment, guys r weird!
*Why do you love this sport?Its a rush?? serious fun! nothin like it!
*How did you get into this sport? A couple of rides as a passenger & knew I needed my own!
*Advice for new riders?Dn't go out and buy a litre bike as ur "learner" MSF! MSF! MSF!!!!!
ride within ur limmits trying 2 keep up w/ the boyz can get ya killed!
*How did you find CBR Forums? Stumbled on it thru other sites,looking for ladies sections

I only have a pic of me on the old bike.. will update first chance I get to ride my new baby!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/14283/FA3619DC1A664192BCDAC81C0A1FE9BC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-21-2007, 12:38 PM

Name: Leslie
Where do you live? Austin, TX
What are you riding? 2006 f4i
How long have you been riding? about 3 weeks
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) just learning street
Why do you love this sport? the way I felt when I say on MY bike for the 1st time and cranked it up - freedom!!
How did you get into this sport? my husband has a 900rr
Advice for new riders? it's been said already I know but take the MSF!!! the info you pick up here will be invaluable later on
How did you find CBR Forums? my husband once again! Once I got my own bike I figured I would join up as well

ps - I don't ride without gear either - this was taken about 3 minutes after it was delivered. Then I ran upstairs and grabbed my gear/boots to take it for a short spin :-)

Old 04-15-2007, 01:17 AM

Name: Brandy
Where do you live? San Diego CA
What are you riding? 2006 cbr1000rr and 2003 cbr600rr---the 600rr is supposed to be mine, but I'm thinking about keeping the 1000rr too...I got it for my husband who is in Iraq again, but am definitely putting miles on her while he's gone...and thinking about keeping her for myself
How long have you been riding? 3 years
What kind of riding do you do? street
Why do you love this sport? Something about the wind blowing against your body and feeling all of that power between your legs On a serious note, the way riding can take your mind off of everything going on in life has been great for me...
How did you get into this sport? Started obsessing over it after riding on the back of a friend's bike...took me a couple years, but took an msf course while my husband was deployed in 2004, and when he got back from Iraq, I taught him how to ride [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Advice for new riders? Know your limits, and remember, it takes time and practice...
How did you find CBR Forums? Don't remember...

No pictures right now, but I'll try to get some up soon. Hey, shot out to chica...loving that purple!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 02:41 PM

Hey Ladies! I am new to the froum, so I thought this would be a good place for a first post! so...

Name: Nicole
Where do you live? Laramie, Wy
What are you riding? '06 CBR 600 F4i
How long have you been riding? Oh, 'bout 3 weeks now
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) just around town for now
Why do you love this sport? I love the way it feels to just be out in the open, love how fast the bike is, love controlling that much power, and well, I love the attention
How did you get into this sport? I have always wanted a bike, and then one day my boyfriend showed up on the bike he just bought
Advice for new riders? Dont brake during turns
How did you find CBR Forums? My Boyfriend

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...20/bike003.jpg

Old 08-21-2007, 07:51 PM

Name: Brandy
Where do you live? The ATL baby!
What are you riding? 2005 CBR600RR
How long have you been riding? 2 months? maybe
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) city. blah. i am so damn new that i still ride the industrial parks and my neighborhood.
Why do you love this sport? sweet freedom
How did you get into this sport? not sure. rode dirt bikes as kid. husband started yakkin about wantin one. got a great divorce rate on a great bike... lots of reasons. it is a rockin sweet thing to do
Advice for new riders? that would totally be me. i don't have the shiftin issues that seems prevalent through here. i am nervous about the stoppin. figures aye?
How did you find CBR Forums? hubby. so lame, but true.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 PM

This is a really cool idea

Name: Domonique
Where do you live? Maryland
What are you riding? CBR 600 2001 F4i
How long have you been riding? I JUST bought the bike, but I complete the MSF class on Sunday!!
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) City, Highway... Backroads
Why do you love this sport? I love the adrenaline and the freedom of the ride
How did you get into this sport? My boyfriend (Jaynd) got a bike and I just HAD to get one too haha
Advice for new riders? I have no idea, sorry I'm LOOKING for advice
How did you find CBR Forums? My boyfriend (Jaynd)

Name:  bike.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  69.8 KB

Old 10-28-2007, 08:36 PM

Name: Natalie
Where do you live? Melbourne, FL
What are you riding? 2001 CBR 600 F4i
How long have you been riding? 2 years
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) city, hopefully track soon
Why do you love this sport? The feel of freedom and control at the same time
How did you get into this sport? Always wanted one, and when someone had one available, I handed them a check and said 'Teach me how to ride'
Advice for new riders? Don't be afraid and control yourself
How did you find CBR Forums? My boyfriend and several other friends are on here
And please, feel free to include a picture of you (and your ride!) so we can put a face with the name!
When the bike is completely finished, it's still a work in progress at the moment.

Quick Reply: Women's Roll Call..... post up!!