Ladies Lounge Off Topic Section for female CBR enthusiasts to discuss non-CBR related topics.

Women's Roll Call..... post up!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 05:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Women's Roll Call..... post up!!

Name: Janet

Where do you live? San Ramon, Ca

What are you riding? '05 600 F4i

How long have you been riding? Since August '05 on my own, 2 years as a passenger

What kind of riding do you do? City/country Love those backroads!

Why do you love this sport? The freedom, the excitement, the community.

How did you get into this sport? I'd been riding as a passenger on my man's bikes for a couple years and got the itch to learn on my own. Thought I was going to wait a couple more years to get my own bike, but once I sat on the F4i, I just fell in love! Bought it, took the MSF course before hopping on for the first time, and love it since whenever I get a chance to take her out! Taking it really slow for now until I can gain some experience and more confidence.

Advice for new riders? I'm still a newbie, but definitely take the MSF course and don't be afraid to take it as slow as you need to. Don't let anyone influence you in any way to push yourself beyond your capabilities. It's your life, not theirs.

How did you find CBR Forums? My man found it.

My bike is the red one in the pic below. The other one is my man's CBR 1000 RR

Old 04-08-2006, 01:45 AM

Name: Hannah Camp
Where do you live? marstons mills, cape cod, massachusetts
What are you riding? 1994 honda cbr 600 f2
How long have you been riding? 2 years
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) just around the cape and up to plymouth rock.
Why do you love this sport? been a part of my life since i was little couldn't imagine a summer without it.
How did you get into this sport? my dad had dave perewitz build him a custom and my ex told me i was "not allowed to ride" therefore i did.
Advice for new riders? take it easy my second day i flipped my little ex 500 it's all too possible to slip up. and stop thinking about what everyone else is thinking of you! just do what you feel you want to do.
How did you find CBR Forums? just surfing
i have to take some pics and post them later of my bike since i've done it up a bit.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:05 PM

Name: Caitlin
Where do you live? Beaufort South Carolina
What are you riding? 05 CBR 1000rr
How long have you been riding? Bout a year
What kind of riding do you do? Everyday to work and every chance I get, any where I can.
Why do you love this sport? To me it just fits....it feels right.
How did you get into this sport? Saw a bike for a good price, bought it and here I am. Always wanted to ride but mom would let me as long as I was under her roof, so I moved out.
Advice for new riders? Take the MSF course, keep you're wits about you, and remember you have to crawl before you can walk!
How did you find CBR Forums? Did a search online for them
And please, feel free to include a picture of you (and your ride!) so we can put a face with the name! Um no pics. of me but will try to get one soon. Check out my gallery and sig. for a peak at the blade.

I'm glade to see the ladies room up and running, it's good to see so many chicks out there doin there thang! Oh yeah HELLO to all!

Old 07-07-2006, 03:03 AM

Name: Ashli Lyn Morgan

Where do you live? Vincennes, IN

What are you riding? DThompson's 2002 CBR F4i

How long have you been riding? I used to race dirtbikes competitively as a child but had to quit cause of an injury. Recently, Daniel (Dthompson) has been schooling me on crotch rockets.

What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) I think I answered that in the previous question

Why do you love this sport? 95% of my friends are into it... I love it cause its a fun way to spend some time with my friends

How did you get into this sport? Daniel

Advice for new riders? Uhhhh I am a new rider

How did you find CBR Forums? Daniel

And please, feel free to include a picture of you (and your ride!) so we can put a face with the name! I Will post a pic soon!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:31 AM

Name: Denyse Woodwick

Where do you live? Southeastern, MN

What are you riding? '02 F4i

How long have you been riding? 17 years

What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) mainly sport touring with friends, hitting the twisties down by the Mississippi River and the Alphabets in Wisconsin.

Why do you love this sport? It's a feeling of being one with the bike. Freedom mainly. To be able to get on a bike and ride the way that I do, that is a natural high.

How did you get into this sport? I dated a guy way back who had one and knew that I had to have one of my own. My first bike was an '89 Ninja 250, then moved up to a '86 Honda VFR700F for a few years. I was out of the sport for a while as I was showing horses heavily for about 10 years, although during this time I did race MotoX on occasion. I purchased the F4i last spring and have put on over 15,000 miles since then.

Advice for new riders? Take it slow and be prepared and aware of your surroundings. Find another woman to ride with cuz if you're like me, the competitive edge is hard to stay away from when ridin wit da boyz!!!

How did you find CBR Forums? A internet search

And please, feel free to include a picture of you (and your ride!) so we can put a face with the name! Pics of both in my sig below, or you can check out my photo album.... Newer pictures just posted.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:45 AM

Name: Sherri

Where do you live? Southcentral PA

What are you riding? 97 CBR 600 F3 and a 01 Yamaha TTR 125

How long have you been riding? around 8 years

What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) i ride to work and around town. ride the yamaha on dirt trails.

Why do you love this sport? i like to look down and see the ground at my feet- it's such a feeling of freedom.

How did you get into this sport? rode friend's bikes and loved them.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:28 AM

Name: Felicia
Where do you live? Ohio
What are you riding? 1987 Honda Hurricane CBR600F
How long have you been riding? Not long, due to shoulder surgery.
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) City, and Country
Why do you love this sport? Freedom
How did you get into this sport? My Fiance
Advice for new riders? Dont let being scared beat you. but only start when ur ready and comfortable.
How did you find CBR Forums? Googling

Here's a pic of my bike . I am new to this forum. Well anyways here's my work that aint finished i still gotta get some decals and some hot pink designs on it. i did all the body and painting myself. let me know what whats up.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7805/D889B6FE66904A92BFB4A00E6C765FD0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-09-2006, 10:15 PM

Name: Estella
Where do you live? Los Angeles, CA
What are you riding? 2006 CBR 600 F4i
How long have you been riding? 1 month (I completed my MSF course on 8/29/06)
What kind of riding do you do? city for now
Why do you love this sport? the speed baby!!! hahaha I love the adrinaline
How did you get into this sport? My friend started talking about and I went on a couple of rides as a passanger. Now, I own my bike and he still does not have his .... I am pretty much the little black sheep for now I work a lot and I go to school full time so i do my riding very early in the morning or in the evenings. I love that I do not have to put up with traffic though as much as when I used my car.
Advice for new riders? I need it!!!!
How did you find CBR Forums? Googled
Please feel free to check out my hon's pictures at http://www.myspace.com/53506448

Old 09-10-2006, 02:39 PM

Welcome Estella! Glad to have you here!

Old 09-18-2006, 09:57 PM

Name: Jessica
Where do you live? Jacksonville, FL
What are you riding? 05 CBR600RR
How long have you been riding? 4 years (started on a (gasp) Buell Blast...GAH)
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) touring, city, group rides
Why do you love this sport? Grew up with it. Loved being a passenger, hated not being in control sometimes (though I still love being a passenger)
How did you get into this sport? My mom was a biker, b/f's passengers.
Advice for new riders? Don't *buy* a beginner's bike...you'll outgrow it before you can afford to move on. I bought a Buell and it was great to learn on for, oh... a month... then I got on a friend's R1 and from that point, hated my bike. It's ok to learn on it, but don't buy it! It wasn't worth anything by the time I traded up...and I could've rented lots of bikes with the $ hit I took on it.
How did you find CBR Forums? Search engine
And please, feel free to include a picture of you (and your ride!) so we can put a face with the name! At some point I may upload it.

Quick Reply: Women's Roll Call..... post up!!