Ladies Lounge Off Topic Section for female CBR enthusiasts to discuss non-CBR related topics.

Women's Roll Call..... post up!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Women's Roll Call..... post up!!

Since this is a brand new area to CBR Forums, why don't we start with a little Women's Roll Call so we have a better idea who we're dealing with.....

Copy and paste the questions below:

Name:
Where do you live?
What are you riding?
How long have you been riding?
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc)
Why do you love this sport?
How did you get into this sport?
Advice for new riders?
How did you find CBR Forums?
And please, feel free to include a picture of you (and your ride!) so we can put a face with the name!

Old 11-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Default RE: Women's Roll Call..... post up!!

Name: Natasha
Where do you live? Jacksonville, Florida
What are you riding? 1995 Kawasaki ZX6R
How long have you been riding? Only a few months...
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) City, and now learning just how much fun DIRT riding can be!
Why do you love this sport? Just the fun of it... the freedom, the adrenaline. And also the sense of community -- the local sportbike community consists of an amazing group of people.
How did you get into this sport? Heh, an ex-boyfriend actually. Once he got me over my utter fear of bikes, I realized just how much fun it could be... and also decided I was no longer content riding passenger!
Advice for new riders? Take your MSF course (or local equivalent). And wear your gear!! Yes, it's hot, and no, it may not be as cute as booty jeans and a tank top... but face it, you won't be so cute covered in road rash, so gear up!
How did you find CBR Forums? Another menber (NeonSpeedRT).

ETA: Oh yeah, the pic... I'm the naughty cop in the middle.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:58 PM

Hello ladies!

Name: Jenn
Where do you live? Beautiful Santa Barbara, California
What are you riding? My baby . . . . CBR 600RR F4i
How long have you been riding? Dirt, since I could walk basically - Street, 2 years
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) I still dirt bike as much as I can, but I ride my baby EVERYDAY to/from the office, canyons are soo exciting, going to my first track day soon
Why do you love this sport? It's just, just, fun!!!!! I love the rush
How did you get into this sport? Decided to move onto the street for my 18th B-day, wanted to expand to different riding, all thanks to my dad he taught me how to ride
What type of bike(s) do you have? XR125 (2, practice and race), CR250, CBR 600RR F4i
Advice for new riders? Ride within your limits, those limits will adjust with time as you learn more skills
How did you find CBR Forums? Dogpile heh, heh

Here's a pic from Halloween of myself and my bike, I was Wonder Woman

[IMG]local://upfiles/2538/91C8B77B543E4347969E652D745C576F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2005, 11:41 AM

Name: Crystal
Where do you live? Dirty Jersey
What are you riding? 2004 CBR 600 F4i
How long have you been riding? Over a year
What kind of riding do you do? Street
Why do you love this sport? Brings me to that special place.
How did you get into this sport? It's in the blood. Grew up with it.
Advice for new riders? Never push yourself...know your limits. Don't start on a bike that is too big for you b/c you don't want people to criticize you for riding what you can handle. That's a mistake many make.
How did you find CBR Forums? My man found the site

Old 11-11-2005, 10:32 PM

Name: Kathryn
Where do you live? Georgetown, Texas
What are you riding? 2000 CBR600f4
How long have you been riding? Since 7 so...12 years
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) Would like to start track, country riding twisites mainly, and still ride dirt
Why do you love this sport? It's exhilerating! A natural high that can't be done by anything else.
How did you get into this sport? Riding gpa's 2 choker on dirt roads and pastures in Oklahoma.
Advice for new riders? Don't try to be a badass cuz everyone else tries to be, and don't ride outside your limits
How did you find CBR Forums? From the Superhawk forum, was gonna get a 996 but found the F4 and fell in love.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:13 AM

Name: Mandy
Where do you live? Calgary, Alberta, Canada
What are you riding? '05 600RR
How long have you been riding? Since May
What kind of riding do you do? (track, touring, city/country, dirt etc) No dirt, and no track (yet) but everything else mentioned
Why do you love this sport? Love the freedom, it's almost a power trip. "Anything boys can do, I can do better"
How did you get into this sport? Dunno, always liked bikes, finally bit the bullet, took the course, bought the machine.
Advice for new riders? God, I AM a new rider. I want everyone else's advice. The only thing I can say is I like riding with other women, because we are less likely to be competetive, and therefore more likely to back down instead of taking stupid risks. So stick to your instincts girls, don't push past your limits, and we'll all make it through to ride another season.
How did you find CBR Forums? Just cruisin the net.
And please, feel free to include a picture of you (and your ride!) so we can put a face with the name! Sorry, don't have any on this puter, I'll try to get one up soon.

Old 11-14-2005, 03:15 AM

Oh yeah, and please don't be offended by my avatar. Maybe not in the best of taste, but kinda cute, and funny anyways. Besides, we all know that boys can't help staring at chicks on bikes, so it goes along with that. Lol.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:21 PM

Ha, right on Mandy. Welcome to the site. Be careful on that thing! That bike is nuts, take it easy girl. Advice for ya, like you've said don't push your limits. They expand over time enjoy what you're doing and just have fun.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Mini Me

Oh yeah, and please don't be offended by my avatar. Maybe not in the best of taste, but kinda cute, and funny anyways. Besides, we all know that boys can't help staring at chicks on bikes, so it goes along with that. Lol.
No offense taken... Personally I think it's adorable!! Where did you find it?

Old 11-15-2005, 01:21 PM

Name: Connie
Where do you live? Tallahassee FL
What are you riding? 03 CBR600F4i
How long have you been riding? 6 months on current bike but since I was 8!
What kind of riding do you do? road riding, touring
Why do you love this sport? FREEDOM, a reason to be by myself!
How did you get into this sport? First dad, the Hubby - he rides an RC51
Advice for new riders? Pay attention!! Stay far away from other vehicles, NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING!! Assuming will get you killed!
How did you find CBR Forums? Neebelung
And please, feel free to include a picture of you (and your ride!) so we can put a face with the name! [sm=hia.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3571/93B76F79552F4152A46EDBE7A546F680.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Women's Roll Call..... post up!!