Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

track gear

Old 08-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Default track gear

Hey ladies, Im on a quest to get my girl on the track. She really wants to , but is having a hard time finding a suit or pants for her hips. she's not "big" but she's got an "hourglass" figure that makes it hard for her to even find jeans. Any sugestions on brands or models? She would prefer a 2 piece but could do a 1. she's an amature so no need to get a $1500 A* ya know?

thanks !

Old 08-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Default RE: track gear

Hey joe rocket has some great gear for women I have problems finding gear or even jeans because I'm tiny but not short and finding clothes is aweful for me joe rocket found some great gear for me and it fits perfect go to a dealer that has joe rocket products and see if you find something there or they can order something for her. They did for me and I'm not easy to fit for clothes I have a wide shoulder to shoulder span and a really tiny waste I'm 5'6 to 5'7 and only weigh 105 pounds soaking wet so I have a lot of trouble finding clothes in Ontario Canada. Just check it out.
Hope this helps you out a bit

Old 11-16-2007, 08:37 PM

Well, I can tell you what not to get for her w/ a shape like that (like mine too).... I just got an Alpinestars Stella Ocatane 2pc suit, and it is too tight in the bust, hips, and belly, but fits elsewhere. i.e., it's still really cut for a boy. Bummer after all I went through to get it! BTW, order 2 sizes larger than the size chart tells you that you need when ordering Alpinestars - I measured twice and everything! Anyway, mine's for sale (size 42, US 4-6ish) and think I'm going to try the Teknics stuff next. Any suggestions?

Old 11-17-2007, 05:53 AM

IF your like most of us, your gear will be around long after your current bike is gone.

If you are hard to fit, it may be worth splurging on some custom leathers.

Vanson, Barnacle Bill, Z leathers and others do custom suits and you can keep it below $1500 if you dont need a suit that looks like a clown threw up on it. Graphics add a lot of $'s to the equation.