Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Significant Others - riders or non-riders?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Significant Others - riders or non-riders?

My fiance does not ride. I've got to finish school first, but I'm going to buy her a bike and gear when I'm done so she can ride with me. She doesn't come out with me because she doesn't have gear and I don't like the idea of having someone else on my bike.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See if she would take the MSF....nice slow and great for screwing up...

Old 09-19-2007, 11:31 PM

My boyfriend (Jaynd) introduced me to the love of riding. I have always been interested in it, just never had the outlet for my craving! Now that I bought my own I can fully enjoythis addiction haha!

Old 09-22-2007, 06:20 AM

you know, my family (females) all have this, "i don't like not being in control" attitude. This seriously hampers the ability to be a passenger. Yeah, i have my own bike. My sister's husband loves motorcycles but she is not only LARGE but she doesn't drink because she doesn't like not having control.
Maybe, you should take your wife on several very short, SLOW, not real twisty rides first. So she can decide for herself that she likes the idea of the bike before you scare the crap out of her.
My brother almost turned me off of motorcycles when i was a teenager because he liked hotdogging and going fast. I am sure you wouldn't do that with your wife but it is really intimidating to get on a bike for the first dozen or so times.
Keep inviting her man. But do so for short easy trips to maybe the next town or so. And even though the interstate gives you speed, Try to take the long road and slow down for her.
Good luck man

Old 09-22-2007, 02:46 PM

I too was pulled into the sport by my husband. He was in charge of planning our honeymoon, and we ended up in Monterey to see the World Superbike Races. I was really nervous about going, I figured I'd be bored and he'd be hanging out with his friends. But the instant we walked on to the track and I got a whiff of racing fuel, I was hooked. My husband has been riding for almost 20 years, but I didn't get my own ride until this week, a 2000 CBR600. I'm a little nervous about getting to know the bike, but it means I get to ride with my husband and friends, so that makes it all worth it!

Old 09-25-2007, 02:00 AM

I have to say, I was absolutely positively against a street motorcycle of any kind because for three years because I worked as an autopsy assistant at our local coroner's office and saw many motorcycle accidents. I was extremely turned off from them even though I grew up on dirt bikes, lived for sports and adrenaline pumping action...Anyways, I began dating a wonderful man about 6 monthsnow and he is an avid street biker (owns CBR 1000 & RC51). So I gradually got the guts to ride on the back...I LOVED RIDING!! I got back into riding dirt bikes around the house and stuff, asked him tons of questions and then bought a cbr 600...I know a lot of bike for a starter, but I just had to. Now I despise riding on the back I'm carving turns and riding with my other half everywhere. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have found my new passion and my "other love" lol. I love riding with my significant other and whether it is on the back or side by side it's great.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:28 PM

Heather Magoo.....funny name....it's what we call my friend, well it's what she calls herself.....but she doesn't ride.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:53 PM

Lol...Heather is my first name but Magoo has been my nickname forever...My dad has called me Magoo for as long as I can remember, It's practically my first name. By the way I'm new to the forum nice to meet you.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:28 AM

hahaha my husbands bike is slower than mine(f4i) and i just take off on my 600rrand leave him in my dust. But he loves it though bragging to his friends about how crazy his wife rides.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:31 PM

A little late to the thread, but I just joined..

My story's a little of both. I fell in love with motorcycles when I was 15 riding on the back with guy friends.I asked my dad for a bike instead of a car at 16 and he wouldn't have it. I finally got my license in my early 20s, but didn't have the money for a bike. At 25 I started dating a guy that rode a VFR at time (he now has a 929 and a 1000rr). He took me on one long ride and when we got back told me the next time I wanted to go it had to be on my own bike. I was proud owner of an old Shadow a week later. My brother rides a YZF and let me take it out after I'd been riding the Shadow a few years and I was in love. I went shopping and brought home and F4i. There's nothing better! The VFR guy and I broke up a few years ago, but the guy I'm dating now rides a Katana. I tend to get out more when it's something I can do with my SO.

Quick Reply: Significant Others - riders or non-riders?