Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Significant Others - riders or non-riders?

Old 02-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Default Significant Others - riders or non-riders?

I must confess I was pulled into sportbikes ENTIRELY by my husband. I had never spent any time around them or anyone who did, so I thought they were just crazy people who couldn't afford Harley's. LOL and then Will brought his 1st bike home and cranked it up. I fell in love! I guess really what I'm wondering here is do lots of people ride with their SO's???

Old 03-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Default RE: Significant Others - riders or non-riders?

Wemostly take turns... One of us iswatching the kids, while the other is out with our freinds... Unless we're on a trip,or we have a sitter on the weekends...

I've got it pretty nice since the kids are in school fulltime now.Igo play all day on my bike, while he's at work!!! [sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 03-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

I can't even get my wife on the back of mine. She says she is too heavy. Yes she is a little overweight, but I want her to enjoy the same things I do. I wanna get her a bike of her own someday, but I got to get her comfortable on one. It would be nice to take a long ride on the twisties with her. She stays home with the kids and I feel guilty sometimes.
LJ

OOPS!! I just realized I posted in the Ladies Forum. Please forgive me. I wasn't watching. Sorry. Don't hurt me now.
LJ

Old 03-02-2007, 02:56 PM

my girl rides with me all the time. she is my partner she had a bike before i did. I learned how to ride on her Katana 750. I have a cbr 900 and she says i drive to fast..lol but i love it that she rides

Old 03-02-2007, 05:59 PM

quote]ORIGINAL: Lord Jersey

I can't even get my wife on the back of mine. She says she is too heavy. Yes she is a little overweight, but I want her to enjoy the same things I do. I wanna get her a bike of her own someday, but I got to get her comfortable on one. It would be nice to take a long ride on the twisties with her. She stays home with the kids and I feel guilty sometimes.
LJ

OOPS!! I just realized I posted in the Ladies Forum. Please forgive me. I wasn't watching. Sorry. Don't hurt me now.
LJ
[/quote]

I'd be more worried that ya told the the "world" that Ur wifes a little over weight, than posting in the wrong thread!!! dosn't matter if she/we R,5 or 500lbs over weight, the minute someone mentions my weight I gain 5 pounds (just trying to give ya some girlly insight there)

But seriously ya can't make her want to ride, its a bummer, but U shouln't feel guilty... as long as she has a chance to get out and do her thing... and hopefully there's still timefor the 2 of U!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

I'd be more worried that ya told the the "world" that Ur wifes a little over weight, than posting in the wrong thread!!! dosn't matter if she/we R,5 or 500lbs over weight, the minute someone mentions my weight I gain 5 pounds (just trying to give ya some girlly insight there)

But seriously ya can't make her want to ride, its a bummer, but U shouln't feel guilty... as long as she has a chance to get out and do her thing... and hopefully there's still timefor the 2 of U!!!
Well its a damn good thing that my wife doesn't read these posts and thats the ONLY reason I decided to quote her. Lol.
I wish she had her own thing though. She really doesn't have a "hobby" I have like four...lol. Oh well someday I will get her on the back. Other than that I envy all those who have others to ride with.
LJ

Old 03-03-2007, 11:32 AM

Maybe she should start knitting....just a thought. I like to do crafty things like that...

Old 03-03-2007, 12:14 PM

or scrapbooking! LOL hahahha - later today I'm getting some of my first lessons on my husband's bike. It's a beautiful day here in Austin and I'm about to take full advantage of it!

As for the wife picking up a hobby, you might suggest a few things but she will find it on her own.Keep asking her to go for a ride with you though - if nothing else it lets her know that you want to spend time with her!

Old 08-25-2007, 10:57 AM

I ride with my husband on the back of his or on my own we both have bikes but I'm just learning to ride so I want him with me if I'm out. I'm very under weight by about 20-25 pounds so when I'm on my husbands bike he has to make sure I'm still there sometimes and I haven't blown off somewhere down the road because I don't hang on to him I hold on to the bar at the back it's more comfortable. I know I drive to slow for my husbands bike but he has to be patient with me while I learn my bike does good on slow speeds his doesn't. I have a CBR 125 and he has a GS500 so when I'm on the road he rides behind me to be my blocker while I learn. He is such a nice husband.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:18 PM

I fell in love with riding because of my husband. He took me for a few rides and then I decided I wanted my own. I hate being the passenger now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Significant Others - riders or non-riders?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.