CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Ladies Lounge (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/)
-   -   Significant Others - riders or non-riders? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/ladies-lounge-46/significant-others-riders-non-riders-32307/)

txf4igirl 02-28-2007 10:45 AM

Significant Others - riders or non-riders?

I must confess I was pulled into sportbikes ENTIRELY by my husband. I had never spent any time around them or anyone who did, so I thought they were just crazy people who couldn't afford Harley's. LOL and then Will brought his 1st bike home and cranked it up. I fell in love! I guess really what I'm wondering here is do lots of people ride with their SO's???

ChuxRR 03-01-2007 07:58 PM

RE: Significant Others - riders or non-riders?

Wemostly take turns... One of us iswatching the kids, while the other is out with our freinds... Unless we're on a trip,or we have a sitter on the weekends...

I've got it pretty nice since the kids are in school fulltime now.Igo play all day on my bike, while he's at work!!! [sm=lildevil.gif]

Lord Jersey 03-02-2007 11:58 AM

I can't even get my wife on the back of mine. She says she is too heavy. Yes she is a little overweight, but I want her to enjoy the same things I do. I wanna get her a bike of her own someday, but I got to get her comfortable on one. It would be nice to take a long ride on the twisties with her. She stays home with the kids and I feel guilty sometimes.
LJ

OOPS!! I just realized I posted in the Ladies Forum. Please forgive me. I wasn't watching. Sorry. Don't hurt me now.
LJ

tdgroup 03-02-2007 02:56 PM

my girl rides with me all the time. she is my partner :) she had a bike before i did. I learned how to ride on her Katana 750. I have a cbr 900 and she says i drive to fast..lol but i love it that she rides

ChuxRR 03-02-2007 05:59 PM

quote]ORIGINAL: Lord Jersey

I can't even get my wife on the back of mine. She says she is too heavy. Yes she is a little overweight, but I want her to enjoy the same things I do. I wanna get her a bike of her own someday, but I got to get her comfortable on one. It would be nice to take a long ride on the twisties with her. She stays home with the kids and I feel guilty sometimes.
LJ

OOPS!! I just realized I posted in the Ladies Forum. Please forgive me. I wasn't watching. Sorry. Don't hurt me now.
LJ
[/quote]

I'd be more worried that ya told the the "world" that Ur wifes a little over weight, than posting in the wrong thread!!!;) dosn't matter if she/we R,5 or 500lbs over weight, the minute someone mentions my weight I gain 5 pounds (just trying to give ya some girlly insight there)

But seriously ya can't make her want to ride, its a bummer, but U shouln't feel guilty... as long as she has a chance to get out and do her thing... and hopefully there's still timefor the 2 of U!!!

Lord Jersey 03-02-2007 06:04 PM

I'd be more worried that ya told the the "world" that Ur wifes a little over weight, than posting in the wrong thread!!!;) dosn't matter if she/we R,5 or 500lbs over weight, the minute someone mentions my weight I gain 5 pounds (just trying to give ya some girlly insight there)

But seriously ya can't make her want to ride, its a bummer, but U shouln't feel guilty... as long as she has a chance to get out and do her thing... and hopefully there's still timefor the 2 of U!!!
Well its a damn good thing that my wife doesn't read these posts and thats the ONLY reason I decided to quote her. Lol.
I wish she had her own thing though. She really doesn't have a "hobby" I have like four...lol. Oh well someday I will get her on the back. Other than that I envy all those who have others to ride with.
LJ

pitsvtec 03-03-2007 11:32 AM

Maybe she should start knitting....just a thought. I like to do crafty things like that...

txf4igirl 03-03-2007 12:14 PM

or scrapbooking! :D LOL hahahha - later today I'm getting some of my first lessons on my husband's bike. It's a beautiful day here in Austin and I'm about to take full advantage of it!

As for the wife picking up a hobby, you might suggest a few things but she will find it on her own.Keep asking her to go for a ride with you though - if nothing else it lets her know that you want to spend time with her!

dragonlady 08-25-2007 10:57 AM

I ride with my husband on the back of his or on my own we both have bikes but I'm just learning to ride so I want him with me if I'm out. I'm very under weight by about 20-25 pounds so when I'm on my husbands bike he has to make sure I'm still there sometimes and I haven't blown off somewhere down the road because I don't hang on to him I hold on to the bar at the back it's more comfortable. I know I drive to slow for my husbands bike but he has to be patient with me while I learn my bike does good on slow speeds his doesn't. I have a CBR 125 and he has a GS500 so when I'm on the road he rides behind me to be my blocker while I learn. He is such a nice husband.

swt_poet 09-19-2007 07:18 PM

I fell in love with riding because of my husband. He took me for a few rides and then I decided I wanted my own. I hate being the passenger now.