Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Shared feelings!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shared feelings!!!!

Anyone want to share how they felt when the first started to ride? I have been riding for 4 days and I am so nervous out there. I took the msf class and I am still scared. I am not sure when to shift into the next gear. Anyone want to give me some pointers???? I just want to enjoy the ride. I cant seem to do that right now!!!! Help me. Is this normal???

Old 06-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Default RE: Shared feelings!!!!

I was nervous and am still nervous at times, but once you get comfortable, it goes away. I rode around a residential neighborhood for a while until I had to get gas and venture out on the real road. Once I realized that it wasn't that big of a deal, I started to have fun.
It just takes some time and maybe ride with some buddies that also ride to give you support. I found also that sometimes I'd get on the back of my man's bike for a ride, then will feel more comfortable riding on my own. I never drove anything where I had to shift prior to the class and you just get a feel for when the bike needs to be shifted. you'll notice when you're going faster if you're in a lower gear, then it seems to vibrate more and your throttle is more punchy so you upshift. when you slow down, it starts sounding different and seems almost like it's going to stall and you need to downshift. Some people never get outof 1st or 2nd gear and are fine. You'll get the feel for it once you've practiced. 4 days is not much at all. Try also and ride every day even it it's just for 15 to 20 mins at a time around your neighborhood so that there isn't a break in riding. you'll feel much better.

Hope this helps!

Old 08-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Default RE: Shared feelings!!!!

I just finished my course less than a week ago and have only been on the road once so far i'm nervous because I have problems with shifting gears. I bought a cbr 125 2 months ago before I got my license because I really liked the look of them. But now I'm not so sure about it. I don't think a sport bike is for me but we will see. Good luck on getting more confidence on the road just take your time and you will get it.