F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

feelings on HRC racing kit for F4i

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default feelings on HRC racing kit for F4i

I see honda makes factory race parts for the f4i has anyone got any experence with them?

Old 09-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Default RE: feelings on HRC racing kit for F4i

I would love to get it, but too much bling for me.

Most of the gain you will see with race parts is in the upper RPM's. You won't get much out of it on the street. If you race, then it's the only way to go.

I think Ten Kate makes some F4i race kit as well, but it's not listed on their site.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:59 PM

id like to get a litttle more tq and top speed but i dont understand sprockets at all.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:15 PM

Well the HRC kit parts as a whole (especially the cams and ECU) should give you more top end, but I believe they will sacrifice some low end. It's always a tradeoff.

If it is really more power you need, then sprockets are going to be your best choice. Start with 2 up in the rear (48 tooth). That will knock down your top end a tiny bit, but face it, how often do you ride at 150+?

I will tell you a little secret though. Get the HRC throttle. Assuming you have excellent throttle control now installing the HRC throttle will make you think you have a new bike. It makes wide open throttle more accessible. You don't have to crank your wrist all the way to WOT. It takes nothing for me to pin it.

**edit**

Assuming your bike is stock here is the route I would take:

1. Track Time.
2. Power Commander
3. Slip on or Full System (if you are really looking for top end, go with the full system) The HRC Kit uses a Akrapovic Full system.
4. HRC Throttle (only after the Power Commander) If you install this before a Power Commander you may have problems with smoothness. The PC smooths the fueling out so its easier to use a quick throttle.
5. Sprockets
6. Track Time.

Track Time will make your bike (you) faster than any of the other mods, and the REALLY cool part about track time is it makes EVERYTHING you ride faster for the same price.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:15 PM

id love to get some track time in but i want to take my MSF 1st. Ive already got my slip-on (had to have some noise). Ill have to contact yoshi later down the road to see if i can just get the header part of the exhaust. I dont know if you have ever herd of summit point raceway but thats our road course around here.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:24 PM

Where can you get the HRC throttle, and how hard is it to install?

I already have the exhaust and PCIII and a custom map that is very smooth.

I also did a 520 conversion with -1/+2 sprockets. I am either going to sell this bike and get a Ducati next spring, or I will keep this and keep modding it.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i talked to someone who had the HRC kit on his bike...he showed me his dyno...112 at the rear...can't remember torque...but that guy was so fast, he'd rip it up with anything! the bike was a full track bike though...

Old 09-10-2006, 02:21 AM

Rising Sun Cycles is the best deal on HRC parts I have seen.

Somwhere I have all the part numbers for the HRC throttle.

Basically you just remove your throttle tube, switch housing, and one throttle cable (not sure which one). You then have to wire the HRC switch housing, route the cable, then mount the throttle housing and tube. Put your grip back on and you are done.

I took the Cheap way and went with a 1/5 turn adapter than another F4i owner made up and shimmed my throttle/switch housing so it would fit. It works great. Over the winter I may switch to the HRC. IIRC it comes to $70-80 with all the parts. If you get a RC51 switch assy. on eBay you can save some cash, but usually they want more for a minty used piece than the new one from Ronayers or RS Cycles.