Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Height Issues : (

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Height Issues : (

Recently (like 2 months ago) I purchased a 2002 cbr600 f4i with the help of my brother who has been riding for about four years. He rides a GSXR1000. I knew that I would always have a problem with the height but I have sat on two cbr's that I was able to touch on and also a GSXR 600 that was lowered and stretched. When I first got my f4i, I was looking up forums just to get more info on riding and the bike itself. I set up an account on here and also let me brother use my screen name since he knows more of the mechanical side of this process. We ordered a lowering link and ran into a snag. The link says it goes 0-4 inches but seems to only have gone about 1.5 before the "wishbone" (don't hurt me if that's not what it's called) started to become an issue with going any lower. We haven't lowered the front yet because the guy that was working on it went out of town. Is that gonna help out some when the front gets lowered? I still have a lot to go to touch even tip toe. My inseam is a 24" and 27" to the sole of my foot. I am 5"0 but I have some short a** legs.

I had my brother post on the mechanical section since like I said, he knows the technical terms but they seem to be haters. I got a real sour taste in my mouth with guys talking trash and saying I can't handle it and shouldn't be on one so on and so forth. Pissed me off actually. I'm not a pueny chick, I can hold the bike up (know from the ones I've sat on when I could touch) and my arms reach fine so I'm gonna try here and see if anyone has any advice for me.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long winded soap box.