Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

Chaps or Pants?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chaps or Pants?

Hey Ladies,
I'm new here and got my new 2004 CBR600RR in classic red and black yesterday. I bought a bunch of road riding gear but don't really know what kind of legwear would be the best. I have a Scorpion matte white EXO-700, Alpinestar 72 leather jacket in white, and Stella GP Plus gloves in grey/white. There are some pretty cool pants online but I would like to make my riding comfortable commuting and for long trips without compromizing my safety. Anyone have an opinion on it? I definitely wanted leather but I guess I don't know about all the pros and cons of getting some sort of chaps for commuting or if I should get some leather pants instead. Or maybe even both?

Have a wonderful memorial day weekend.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chaps or Pants?

honestly I would go with the pants depending on what the breathability factor is. Seriously, leather is wonderful in the winter but in the summertime if the gear is too hot eventually you will decide it's not worth it and THATS when something will happen. Everytime, without fail.