F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Riding Gear... Do Chaps Work Well?

Old 02-23-2010, 04:28 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Default Riding Gear... Do Chaps Work Well?

Hey guys and gals.... buying some riding gear for this up coming summer... last year I just cruised around with my helmet and some cheap gloves on but after doing some reading and looking I realize how stupid of me that really is so ive been looking for gear and i hadnt really been looking at pants because my riding is alway 5-10 min. at around 35 mph. I pretty much just ride her to and from work and school well after reading about what falling can do to jeans I started doing some reading, I dont really want full on leather pants because i dont wanna have to change in and out of them every 2 hours. So i guess my question is this how well would like a leather pair of chaps work in a fall?

Thanks guys

Old 02-23-2010, 05:27 PM

would do ok except for the butt, which you would prolly be sliding on the most

Old 02-23-2010, 05:45 PM

thanks you for the insite playful. If you don't mind me asking how and what do you gear up with for a typical days ride? Also I wanted to take a second to thank you for all the input uve given me on the frums. It's members like you that make me glad to be on here. Always willing to give some advice. And to be honest from the questions I've asked on here ur one person I can trust to know what ur talking about. So thanks haha. I would say more but typing this stiff on my phone is a pita. I'll check back l8ter......

thanks,
Zac

Old 02-23-2010, 05:47 PM

IMO, chaps would look pretty funny on a sportbike

Old 02-23-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by andyriot View Post
IMO, chaps would look pretty funny on a sportbike
so does a guy running around town in full leathers but who cares because it's safer and if a guy had chaps a sport jacket gloves and a helmet and gloves. It'd look perfectly normal to me

Old 02-23-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18 View Post
so does a guy running around town in full leathers but who cares because it's safer and if a guy had chaps a sport jacket gloves and a helmet and gloves. It'd look perfectly normal to me
slow down brother im not hating on you, just thought it would be kind of amusing as its not seen often if at all. i agree saftey first. wish there was a good alternative to leather for every day commuting.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:18 PM

HAAHAHAH chaps on a sportbike
not trying to be a jerk but it would be freakin funny.

Try looking for some armored MC jeans or denim lookalike MC pants so you can be protected without looking too ridiculous.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ding-Gear.aspx
http://www.cyclegear.com/productlist..._Textile_Pants

though most of the pants I have seen require you to buy the armor separately (which is necessary but more $$)

also the under the pant type armour would be pretty good under your regular jeans.
http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/cata...ce=bap-WS1/301

Old 02-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Smile

Are we talking about riding cow boys or sport bikes? haha just kidding. Im not a fan of chaps on a sports bike but I have seen it before and well simply put "Safety First"

Old 02-24-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by andyriot View Post
slow down brother im not hating on you, just thought it would be kind of amusing as its not seen often if at all. i agree saftey first. wish there was a good alternative to leather for every day commuting.
lol i didnt think u were hatin on me....

Old 02-24-2010, 10:33 AM

I've seen it and it doesnt look too bad really. Now if if were the frilly ones with al lthe tassles and studs all over it would look real out of place. But a friend of mine wears em when he rides along with his other gear which is all sportbike oriented right down to the boots. Now granted he doesnt go trying to drag knee in em tho Just you're minimalistic black leather chaps. And as said safety first

Now for me, just around town I wear my jeans with my jacket, gloves, and boots. I have been thinking about gettin a pair of chaps just for bebop riding myself.

And you're welcome Zac, I try

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Riding Gear... Do Chaps Work Well?

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.