The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

World Peace Depends On Us!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:07 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking World Peace Depends On Us!

I was sitting in the garden today , watching a butterfly and my mind wandered to riding as it often does . It occurred to me that many times on the bike it will be two butterflies dancing together , then splat one has become a yellow smear on my visor!

My mind drifted on and considered the huge number of bugs we , as motorcyclists , squash every year . Then it occurred to me that we contribute significantly to reducing and controlling the insect population and as most insects eat plant material , our bug squashing efforts contribute to the economic well being of the countries we live in .

Now car drivers would argue that they too squash bugs , but as car design has improved and cars have become more aerodynamic , there is a tendency for the bugs to just be brushed aside as the air flows smoothly over the vehicle.

A bike and rider on the other hand , smashes through the air , accumulating huge numbers of squashed bugs , controlling numbers and therefore we , in the very act of riding our bikes , provide a public service !

Imagine if you will , if one year no-one rode a motorcycle . A mind numbingly awful idea I know , but think! The insect population would explode ! Crops would be eaten by the bugs ! World famine would ensue , closely followed no doubt by war , civil unrest and untold suffering . All because of a lack of motorcyclists!

It cannot be over emphasised how important it is that we continue to ride , world peace depends on it!

I propose that :-

1. Fuel prices for motorcyclists should be reduced so that we can continue our sterling work !

2. For 2 hours per day , all windy , twisty , country roads and lanes should be closed to normal traffic and speed limits suspended . So that all public spirited bikers can go out and patriotically squash bugs for the good of their nation!

3. Harley Abelson riders should have their fuel prices doubled ! This is because they ride girly bikes that , when they do get going , the bugs just bounce off them 'cos they're going so slow! The only bugs they kill , are the occasional ones that they swallow !

So next time you get stopped by a cop for speeding , tell him you were doing it for the good of the nation!

Remember , if your a true patriot , twist that throttle like your wringing the life out of it

TO TWIST IS TO SERVE!!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dear Steve, I hate to break this to you, but the only reason that all those squirrelly davidsons are out there is because they get credit from all the bugs they squish. How else could they afford all that useless chrome and dead weight crap they bolt on those porked-out wheel barrels??? Sorry you didn't already know this, but life isn't fair is it??? Hee, Hee, ................Cheers Matey!!!

Old 07-26-2009, 02:22 AM

Glad you understand my logic and see the important roll we play in society Steve

I realise it's a tough job , but someone has to do it for the good of civilisation as we know it .

I think we should all lobby our local political representatives , with a view to having these suggestions passed into law.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default the question is ............lol

So Hawk ........while you were sitting in the garden having all these wonderful moments
of peace and tranquility birds, bees and bugs and all, did ya ever find out who exactly spiked your tea?

Last edited by Sprock; 07-26-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sprockaholic
So Hawk ........while you were sitting in the garden having all these wonderful moments
of peace and tranquility birds, bees and bugs and all, did ya ever find out who exactly spiked your tea?

If I knew , I'd put in a regular order!!! Probably a flashback from my Amsterdam years

Old 07-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amsterdam .............oh no don't bring trips to Amsterdam up...........no no no
don't do it ................Shadow'll be putting me and you too on the "watch list"
last time I was based in the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky...........what a trip.

Last edited by Sprock; 07-26-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sprockaholic
Amsterdam .............oh no don't bring trips to Amsterdam up...........no no no
don't do it ................Shadow'll be putting me and you too on the "watch list"
last time I was based in the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky...........what a trip.
Ah yes the Krasnapolski hotel , remember it well , lived in Amsterdam for best part of 5 years . wild times