Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

finding inner peace ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 02:26 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finding inner peace ?

im just kinda curiousto know what you do to find inner peace. ever since i got backin august i just feel like my life is twisting around and im in less and less of control. i feel like for the 1st time in years i can actually remember being at peace was back in vietnam with hang. maybe its just a lovers heart talking but i feel that no matter what i do here untill she is with me...i wont find peace again.

so when you're stressed or just out of focus what do you do to find that peace again that gets you through the day ? im sure most of you will say "go for a ride and clear your head" but that isnt an option right now and since most of you live in areas covered by snow i know that doesnt work year round for you either

Old 11-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: finding inner peace ?

I dont really have a *solution*. When all my crap fell apart a few weeks ago, i packed up some hunting and fishing gear, a few bare essentials and headed into the woods for a week. No cell phone, no one within about 30 miles of where i went. I just roughed it for 5 days. I had lost my wife and job, so it didnt really matter, no one was gonna miss me. Now thats not something most can do, but it helped me a lot to just get far away from *real life*.

Since i have been back, i have just been talking to friends. Went out and found another job, and just doing whatever i can to get life back to *normal*. I dont know that any one thing helped, and for everyone its going to be a bit differant. I say just do what you can to find some inner peace. Once your calmed a bit, just do what you can to help yourself, and surround yourself with people who care about you and can help you. Next thing you know its over, and your up and going again.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:32 AM

EMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN UP BISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol all jokes aside, is your mom still around? If so go talk to her, I find that when things get rough, and i can't vent or get to my natural high(riding) that talking to mom always helps things out, either her or my aunt(her sister). Also if you have any VERY close friends...even just one...talk to them...you've already done that by reaching out onto the board knowing someone will reply(a late nighter like myself). On the subject of love though...i'm only 20...but have already seen how strong love is...it knows no obstacle, no opponent, no adversity. There will be times when it's so bad, that even in your busiest moments...you won't escape the thoughts...trust me i already know. Time will pass though and things will fall into place. Keep your head up

Old 11-09-2008, 02:45 AM

havoc your in cali right? you can come down to machado fitness with me. when i feel stressed or upset nothing does it for me like a ride and punching someone in the head. you also get punched in the head and it kind of helps balance out mental anxiety with physical pain (not to be mistaken). but by the time you leave everything is left on the mat.

regan machado is an excellent brizilian jiu jitsu coach and toby grear is an excellent muay thai coach and the first class is free

Old 11-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Classic, sometimes you have to face your demons or they can just end up kicking down the dunny door. You have to mentally picture inner peace as the eye of the hurricane, not something that will cure all your problems, but the strength to fix them.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:08 AM

Hi

I agree there is rarely a quick fire solution, you only have to look at the amount of very wealthy people who have depression or commit suicide, they have access to things most people only dream about, but are still dissatisfied.

I have found short periods of meditation are good, or walking somewhere peaceful like in the woods, it is probably just being away from the situation or environment that triggers stress and depression that can help, as the saying goes, "a change is as good as a rest".

I hope you feel better about things soon, feeling down is a terrible experience to deal with. And if anyone says "pull yourself together", or something equally as useful, try to ignore them!

Regards
Fred (Essex, UK)

Old 11-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Fred_Bear

And if anyone says "pull yourself together", or something equally as useful, try to ignore them!
Yes, it's much better to wallow in it.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:25 AM
VP

The biggest thing is, if something has been bugging you for a long time, you probably haven't been dealing with it. Everyone needs closure. It's a psychological necessity. Sure eventually you can get to the point where you become a working neurotic but the key is "mind over matter". Therapy is not a bad way to go. Even for a short period of time, you can get a professional opinion on what it is you're going through and how to cope with it.

Since taking the bike out is not an option, I also get a good workout in at least 5 days a week. Just running a few miles is usually enough, other times I gotta kick the **** out of my body in the weight room. Exercise actually releases endorphines (aka happy feelings) into your body. It's not a long term solution obviously, but the right amount of confidence and endorphines can get you through a lot.

Also, try meeting new people. Sometimes it takes that extra jolt in psychological strength we need to explain ourselves to new people that can get you kickstarted back into what it is you want to be known as.

Quick Reply: finding inner peace ?