The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

What do you drive?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkwind
60MPG!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME . I could do with some of that , I only get 28 out of mine

Yeah Fiat seem to be making some good cars now , not like the bad old days , in the 70's and 80's , after a year all you were left with was a pile of rust in the shape of a car

They've really improved over the last 10 years!
Well, the 60mpg is on a run and I have had 57mpg out of it ... nipping around locally it's closer to 46-47 mpg .. it is as good or better than the bike ..lol
Uses an economical 1.4 fuel efficient engine but it's nippy in the Punto and makes it fun to drive around locally, feels big and spacious inside too :-) the doors have a real solid clunk to them when you shut them, feels like a VW Golf in quality :-)

and yes, Fiats of old were bad .. the whole car was just a sacrificial anode ..lol

Jules

Old 09-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

11.2 mpg at 25 or 90, it doesn't matter when your aerodynamic profile is the same as the flat side of a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Juliet
Well, the 60mpg is on a run and I have had 57mpg out of it ... nipping around locally it's closer to 46-47 mpg .. it is as good or better than the bike ..lol
I'd kill to get 30 mpg out of this thing. Oh well, more of a reason to take the bike. :-)

Old 09-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to see you're visiting us Wepps !
What IS that wagon ?

Old 09-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, nice to see you, Wepp!
Is that a Freestyle?

Old 09-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Yep, nice to see you, Wepp!
Is that a Freestyle?
Ding ding ding... Winna winna chickin dinna!!! It is in fact a Ford Freestyle.

I was hoping you wouldn't mind me popping in here, but if you do mind, then blame it on Steve, because he is the one who invited me to the party.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:59 PM

The wife drives an '08 Pontiac Solstice. I hate it. Especially after she called me from town yesterday.

"Honey. I have a flat tire and some guys offered to put the spare on but can't find it."
"I'll be there in 5 minutes."

Smart me, hehe, I looked at the owners manual and discovered...the car has no spare tire or tire changing gear! I does come with an electric air pump with a canister of fix-a-flat. However, I does you absolutely no good if the bead has separated from the rim.

I had to return home to retrieve my hydraulic jack, jacked the car up to take pressure off the tire, and then was able to inflate it. Since it was Sunday, the only place in town to get a tire fixed was Wal-Mart. They found that the TPS was leaking so it's off to the dealer tomorrow (today being a holiday). Did I mention that I hate that car?

I drive an '06 Chevrolet HHR. No problems, runs like a champ, room to haul fair amount of crap, and decent gas mileage. We also have a '90 Nissan 240SX for our oldest son to use. Too bad he has no interest in driving.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks about the solstice. I don't know anything about those cars. They're kinda cool looking, though.

So why doesn't your boy wanna drive the 240sx?
Those cars are cool as hell. I'd drive it. Is it a 5sp?
They're good cars. RWD is fun!

Quick Reply: What do you drive?