The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

What do you drive?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah toyota is a good company... and no not too much wrong with the new taco's, the 4.0 v6 that comes in it, the front cover leaks, but its a tsb covered under warranty. other than that they are good trucks...

Speaking of gas prices... i go to school in northern new mexico where all i see are oil trucks, and millions of oil rigs out in the desert. THis is the part i dont get: gas is more exensive out there Then it is here in the Rocky mtns in Colorado! like 30 cents a gallon!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to know about the taco. Thanks.
Now it's just a matter of figuring out how to afford a near $30k truck...lol..

I don't understand the whole gas price thing, either. It makes no sense to me.
I remember there used to be a gas station up north by my grandparent's house. It was a keystone station built right on the grounds of the refinery. The gas was $.10 more there than it was a mile down the street at the Exxon station. WTF??

Blaziken, It cost the equivalent of 7p to fill the 'Cane over here....
That's messed up, too. I have a feeling we'll get hammered, too, though..... it's just a matter of time.

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 09-10-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:44 PM

They say that fuel prices are actually controlled by refining capacity and location. You can't put crude oil in your tank, so they have to move it from your neighborhood where it comes out of the ground to Louisinana or wherever, and refiners probably bid to get it (at least the independants like Valero do) to turn it into every chemical under the sun and then it goes through new market to get to the distributors and retailers. "Value added" and lots of middle men/brokers.

At least that's what I hear. I ain't in that business.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I mostly drive rental cars. You name it and I have most likely driven one. I just got home tonight from Arkansas after turning in a Nissan Altima. I was also driving a Lincoln Towncar and a Lincoln MKS on that job.

My personal car is a "94 Towncar. I usually put about 6-7k miles on the car and 10k on the bike each year. I usually put about 1,500 miles on each rental and I have had about 10 so far this year.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Coca Cola is more expensive here than petrol - how messed up is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow
Coca Cola is more expensive here than petrol - how messed up is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had to think about that for a minute (as I really value soft drinks ) but that is absolutely freaky. They don't have to drill deep into the earth for Coke and then ship it across the country and run it through a gigantic and complex chemical plant to refine it and then haul it to a fueling station and dispense it.

What, they just put some bubbles in some brown water with some sweetener and some weeds?

Old 09-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I mostly drive rental cars. You name it and I have most likely driven one. I just got home tonight from Arkansas after turning in a Nissan Altima.
My dad is the same way. He has a different rental almost every week. At home, him and my mom have a new Honda Pilot, and a 2001 Dodge Ram Pickup.

As far as the drinks vs. fuel debate... that's screwed up.
I never really thought about it before.
Over here, it looks like if you buy 2liter bottles of coke from a grocery store... it comes out to almost exactly the same price as gasoline!!
That's messed up.
If you bought coke in small bottles, though, like from a convenience store.... the coke is a lot more expensive!
Beer from a 6pack shop is about $6 (for regular stuff), which is much more expensive than gas and coke. In general, beer is about 2x the price of coke.
Specialty stuff like Jimmy Black cans is pretty expensive....

Old 09-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRclassic

**** the petrol ... ol walk with a black can of attitude changer in each hand thanks .....lol
I'm with ya ........om trapped it's raining bad ........going walkabout with
the very same goal in mind ............ a bevvie in each hand

Old 09-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Senior Member & can cook minute rice in 58sec

wish my bike run on coke over here,£1.29 for 2x2lt value offer at the moment

ha ha

its out government fcekin skrewyin us over here,, but
on the other hand we have the national health service,,
things are different in th U.S. with health insurance me thinks,, or i watch too mucho E.R.

Quick Reply: What do you drive?