The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Visor up or Visor down?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

down mostly, tho my helmet does have a niffty lil lock that will hold it cracked open just a bit

Yanno Steve ya really should post these out for all to see

Last edited by CBRclassic; 08-22-2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Sorry but I hit the wrong bloody post edit button ?? sheesh ...!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually only crack mine a bit (inch or so) to either cool it down or get rid of condensation on cold mornings.
(I heard they make a visor that will never fog... gotta get me one of those!)

However, if you ride with your visor popped in the state of PA, and you're not wearing safety glassed, it's illegal.
One cold morning sitting at a stoplight, I had mine popped because it was fogging up (still covering my eyes, though), and Johhny Law came towards me through the light yelling and screaming at me to pull over.
I did... and he bitched at me for a good solid minute about how I was breaking the law. I explained that I couldn't see from the fog, and he said he didn't care...it's the LAW!! LOL...

Old 08-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer mine open. The lid I use at the moment tends to be a little breezey & I constantly get stung by bees & wasps. Time for a new helmit & touring lip screen.
Ever tried to ride in the rain with your visor up?? Did it for several years. Too lazy to replace the scratched visor & had no choice. That was in my younger days. These days I'm too wise (soft).

Old 08-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Thumbs up Closed

I ride with mine closed, how else am I going to pick up the cute girls to ride on the back. At a red light I will lift it up to eye level, then down to crack till time to close it. Also I just got a new scorpian helmet, WOW no fog, lots of air flow going through that helmet.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:33 PM
RIP "The Baron of Bronson"

I ride with mine open, unless on the freeway due to getting pelted with who knows what.

Its just too hot here now to ride with it closed. And when the weather gets nice here I just love the air too much. I run it closed at night too. I live in a farming / rural area. Out by the farm fields there are SO many bugs its ridiculous. I'd lose my eyes from bugs eventally, buggers HURT!

A real downside to riding open though is, it trashes sunglasses. I've destroyed 2 pairs of real nice Spy sunglasses in a year from bugs, rocks, and ect coming off the road. So now I have riding glasses and not riding glasses.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:50 PM

I have one of those zeus modular helmets, and i always have the visor down unless I'm at a stoplight and chatting with whoever i'm cruising with. Then i flip the whol face up and clip it back down once i'm riding again. sometimes for talking while moving i'll just flip the visor up. but usually have everything closed

Old 08-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1 inch

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
I usually only crack mine a bit (inch or so) to either cool it down or get rid of condensation on cold mornings.
(I heard they make a visor that will never fog... gotta get me one of those!

Same .........inch cracked open .......for air .....

ZOX Genesis 2, I have has an inner filp down solar shield ......and believe it
or not rarely fogs up much

Old 08-25-2009, 10:51 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Depends on the weather for me , cold is closed all the time except when fogged-up . Hot weather , I'll ride with it open at low speeds , but past about 40mph-ish it's closed . I remember forgetting to close my visor when over-taking on a bend at speed (dual carriageway) and the visor caught the wind , yanking my head up!!! Not funny BTW I always wear sunglasses except at night

Quick Reply: Visor up or Visor down?