The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

New Hurricane Members say hello here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys and Girls,
I've posted in the new member section on the forum but someone said to come and introduce myself here too, so here we go
I'm Gaz from near Liverpool, England, 46 years young and a total bike addict with too many bikes in my garage. Every time i buy another i plan on selling one but it never happens. The latest addition is this old girl for this years Europe tour. The plan is France, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, and then back through France to England.

My girlfriend didn't fancy the back seat of my GSXR1000(below) for 3000 miles so i got this very cheap and the plan is to get her ready for summer. She's taxed and MOT'd and ready to go but i haven't even given her a wash yet, lol. She'll have some TLC soon including a bit of new powder coat for the swinger and stands etc.

Later lads and ladies, Gaz

Old 02-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Hi Gaz,
Sounds like you've got a dream plan under your skin. If your gf needs a good comfortable seat for a 3K trip you've picked the right bike. They simply don't make 'em like that any more. The seat was what sold me mine. As soon as I saw it I just thought, "yeah, that's a fast, comfortable sofa that we can both enjoy. Why stick your loved one's **** on a hard lolly pop stick,"
which is what most manufacturers seem to think is acceptable on your average sports bike these days.
Man, you come to the right place to make sure she's in good shape for the trip.
There's so much info about these bikes here that even Honda themselves could (perhaps, and hopefully, should) learn a thing or two.
Welcome to the mad house, for real.

TLC is what we're goo at round here. All things Hurridane, you got to love em and unlike family, you have to like them too.

I'm 47 tomorrow. Still feel like I'm about 17, perhaps 18..... at a push.

I'd like to see a picture of your crowded garage. Sounds like heaven, or .... um... yeah! Let's stick to heaven.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome again, Gaz!
Henry is right, it sounds like you have a heck of a plan!
Congrats on the new Cane, and if you have any questions, post 'em up.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:16 PM

Hi again guys and girls,
Thanks for the warm welcome. You requested the pics so here's the lot at the moment. I've got a couple in bits so i've not put pics of those here, just the ones on the road

The CBR that you've already seen but without the panniers on.

The GSXR1000 with me on it this time so you can laugh at me

If you want to see the side view then look a couple of posts higher on the thread

My girlfriends Suzuki SV650S after i fixed it. (bought crash damaged)

This is my girlfriend Clare if anyone wants to see my ladyfriend, getting her knee down on a Buell at the NEC bike show, lol.

And yes, she probably could armwrestle most of the guys on here, she likes to work out and has a hard job too, zoo keeper

Modified monkey bike with YX motorsport 150cc pitbike race engine. Great fun to ride, and you can race just about anything through a city, lol.

Minitrail with Lifan 150cc pitbike engine, modified bars etc and big tyres. No back suspension and loves to wheelie in most gears.

Clares Monkey bike 110cc but still good for 65mph. On 8 inch wheels it feels damn fast.

And last but not least, the chopper monkey i've just got shut of out of my garage to make room for the CBR.

I've probably got enough spare parts to make a couple of bikes out of all the crap in my garage too, lol. Hope you liked the pics and now you've seen my ugly face and my lovely young girlfriend too
Later dudes, Gaz

Old 02-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did yu hide the buggers ????
He's building up the suspense, Steve!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GAZ ......... got me XRAY goggles on an still can't see them ?? lol

Time for a shot !!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check Gaz's original post and you can see the pics.........................
Wot a bunch.................

Quick Reply: New Hurricane Members say hello here!