The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

New Hurricane Members say hello here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,
I just picked up my first bike an 87 1000f. I haven’t seen anything on ugliest bike but if there is a competition I think I will be a strong contender. I am in the process of tearing the entire thing down and restoring her. After looking at new bikes I decided I really like being able to walk after riding for an hour and don't want to feel like I have the Mrs. balanced on my shoulders when I take her for a ride. I posted some pics already but figured I would get in on the formal intro. I was thinking about making a tear down and rebuild pic thread. What do you guys think?
Name:  hurricane.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  164.5 KB

Old 05-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, Welcome to the forum and thanks for showing us your hurricane project bike.

In answer to your questions. I think people would like to see your tear down and build up pics and see how your bike changes.

Answer to question 2 is "Yes" You would easily win the contest for the ugliest hurricane i've ever seen, lol, congratulations, no prize i'm afraid

Gaz

Old 05-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

DAYUM !
Dat fat Lady am UUUGLY
Won't be long and she'll be a regal old lady with her smart new clothes...........

Old 05-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Cool

wow pmcg she looked as bad as the one i got befor i fixed her up. lol. i worked on mine for like a yr and got her looking as good as the new ones out now. there are a few places out there that has parts if you need help finding anything let me know.......mine is a 87 CBR 1000F..... good luck keep us in formed on how the work goes.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:38 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Hi there PMCG!

She aint gonna win any beauty contests but she'll appreciate the attention

You got the plastics, or are they on your shopping list? Apart from them and the mirrors she looks complete.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:22 AM

Thanks Shibadragon. I've been getting all my parts on ebay but if you know af any better I would appreciate it. The nagging issue im dealing with right now is how to get the California Pair system off. I can plug the exhaust end easy but i suspect my carbs have some extra junk. I might just wanna get new ones or a pic of someone’s vacume tubes. I know two tubes come in from the bottom for fuel, then I had two inlets on one between each carb that I think just hang there for breathers and I am hoping I can just plug the rest. With my luck I'll buy carbs off ebay and they'll be CA to.
Hawkwind I have some plastics in the basement. I used to manage a body shop so I can get em looking nice relatively inexpensively. Right now I just want to drive it!!!! The last owner drove it to the field where it sat for a few years before by brother in law took it to his basement.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:24 PM

G'day pmcg. I saw your pics in the other thread too. Have to agree...she aint real pretty. Looks like a real mission of mercy to me, good for you for saving her.

A complete pull down / re-build thread would be cool to see and useful for those who come along later. Keep us informed mate!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:05 PM

Hi all,

I've been the proud owner of '90 CBR 1000F for a few years, that same ole' Red White and Blue beauty you see everywhere. Anyway, a couple weeks ago I dusted it off and found the vacuum diaphragm in the fuel valve decaying and stuck and found the CBR Forum in my quest for a cheap fix, so here I am.

-Ropegun

Old 05-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome, RopeGun.

You can get a diaphragm rebuild kit on ebay.
Here is a LINK.

They sell them on Ebay UK, too. Not sure where you are.

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 05-19-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey ........welcome RopeGun, what she look like and how many miles ?

Quick Reply: New Hurricane Members say hello here!