The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

My thoughts after glimpse of fresh air...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cat is out from the bag. So I Still went for a spin!
My specs.
Seat is as hard as it was on my cbr. Suspension is tighter than on Vfr.
I literally felt the difference of road cover like I have never felt it before.
Need to lower foot pegs at one point if it is possible and raise the handle bars. Wrists did get achey on 40 km.
Eventough it is the lightest bike I have had it still feels massive and I felt quite relieved on how well it took my handling.
I recon I am not doing any conversions this season since I want to get to learn the bike more. Now the road conditions are not in the place for me to achieve that knowledge just jet.
BUT it is VERY promising!
I felt the same drive I had with the cbr witch makes me bubbly and drugged up!
I lubed the chain and I am not sure should I tighten it or not. Since middle of the ride I kinda felt it going over sprocket and when asphalt went over to finer the feeling disapeared. So it just as well might be me paranoid.
Love the sound apart when I twist the throttle on and off on ride, before it goes back on there is hearable noise of somethink like was thrown against wall.
Cold start was a bit tricky but it warms up quicker than cbr did. Also on low rpms boiles up very fast. I recon Matti is right on adding a steering damper, The reason he described in his thread for adding it, I also felt same way on his cbr. In the sence that at some points it feels like it might tankslap you but if I squeesed the bars the feeling went away. I am very pour at explaning it. I need to ride some more to figure that out.
Same with his cbr for me atleast. I have experianced it on Mattis Cbr, on one cb and now on this triumf. I recon Matti was right. It will be very interesting to get the bikes next to each other and try them out to change. What kind of difference they have. So I rided 100 km today and I need, CRAVE for more!!!

Old 03-16-2015, 04:32 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heyyy nice to hear you finally got that test ride! Yep it is a very responsive bike but it comes with a price: the handling specially on uneven and gravel surfaces is twitchty and nervous. Once I got the dirty bars conversion done I can send yoy the Woodcraft clipons, all the original brake lines clutch cables etc should be long enough as they were on mine, the main concern is will they hit the visor.

Brit bikes are somewhat noisy, find out what causes the clunk but it might be it`s actually a feature not a fault

Old 03-16-2015, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mattson
Heyyy nice to hear you finally got that test ride! Yep it is a very responsive bike but it comes with a price: the handling specially on uneven and gravel surfaces is twitchty and nervous. Once I got the dirty bars conversion done I can send yoy the Woodcraft clipons, all the original brake lines clutch cables etc should be long enough as they were on mine, the main concern is will they hit the visor.

Brit bikes are somewhat noisy, find out what causes the clunk but it might be it`s actually a feature not a fault
Jep twitchy and nervous would be right verbs to describe it.
As I said, It got lost on tightening my grip. So will see is it something to get used to with. Need to learn more bout it.
So more riding wohoo

Oh and Can I? Can I? Can I? Can I say that brakes are unbelievebly responsive??? Honestly On all bikes I have riden They have been responsive but this... This now was a freaking experiance
Need to be more thoughtful on braking the beast.
And what comes to installing handle bars. I have no idea about the visor. And honestly one I start converting it I am not so sure I want that front head there anyway. Will see. I have not allowed my imagination to flow sky high. I want to see what and how it is in the original state. And how can I adjust myself to it. Only after that I can figure out how much it needs to be adjusted to me
But Matti, I AM FREAKING OUT I AM SO HAPPY

Old 03-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Missynet
And what comes to installing handle bars. I have no idea about the visor. And honestly one I start converting it I am not so sure I want that front head there anyway. Will see. I have not allowed my imagination to flow sky high. I want to see what and how it is in the original state. And how can I adjust myself to it. Only after that I can figure out how much it needs to be adjusted to me

Am I reading this right? Or do we possibly have another fighter-er on CBRF?

Glad to hear you liked the way it rode.

Last edited by Conrice; 03-18-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:44 PM

Well yea, I gess you can put it that way
In the sence that this bike def is a keeper.
I feel more connection that did feel on vfr,
And I am gessing that it wil grow to similar I had with cbr.
Cause the buz from the bigiining feels Very VERY familiar
Future will show

And I am sorry but I can not give up this forum!

Nicest, supportive, humorous, positive people I have ever met in a community, so I am apologizing in for hand for making in a way spoiler since I do not have cbr.
I can not give U guys up

Old 05-24-2015, 04:21 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quite a few lungfulls to be precise...

Figured I can borrow this thread a little instead of making a new one as I went for a slightly different bike trip tonight.

Decided it`s about time to do something about this gut that keeps getting bigger and bigger, and figured that I live in one of the most beautiful town in southern Finland, and I got an almost untouched bicycle so I decided that once I get the kid to bed I`m gonna go familiarize myself with my surroundings a little.

For the ones that don`t know, I live in a small-ish town of Vääksy in southern Finland, it is located on a very narrow strecth of land between two large lakes, the land is divided twice, down the middle by a canal that connects the lakes together, and along it`s length by a fairly high ridge so there is some pretty awesome bicycling terrain here. I didn`t hurry this time as I`ve not bicycled for over a year, and I wanted to do some photoing to show you guys where I live. So, enjoy:

The weapon of choice, a 2010 model KTM Chicago, front suspension, disc brakes, weighs next to nothing. Not by any means a pro bike but plenty good enough for me.

I immediately named this one the hamburger hill. Once you`re up there you`ve burned at least one The perspective is fooling a little, the hill is so steep you have to stand up or lean forward to get the bike from not wheelieing over, and the pic is taken about one third of the way up, you`re looking at the second third and behind that bend is one more.

From the top of the ridge

The town`s pride, the grand hotel Tallukka where all the drunken middle aged women come to see all the stars of yesteryear Pity the lookout tower was locked already or I could have gotten a few stunning sunset pics.

If the first one was the hamburger hill then this one must be the double double with bacon, eggs and cheese

Got that far until the chain jumped, gotta get that rear shifter adjusted, it`s jumping off the first gear if I`m standing, wouldn`t wanna drop on the bar... Pics get a bit blurry cause the autofocus of my phone doesn`t work in this low light.

From our back yard. No the forest is not that dark, that is the ridge rising directly behind our house and the trail goes behind that playground.

Might have to do this more often!

So, this is where I live. Oh, did I mention that the shores of the lakes are teeming with awesome twisty roads, and they`re building a world class motorcycle race course about 50km away as we speak. Interested? I got a very comfy couch in the downstairs office

Last edited by Mattson; 05-24-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:49 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I was gonna be a wise guy and ask how many miles/burgers does she get but you beat me to it.

Very nice area!