Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A Glimpse into the Future of Hardcorp

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Glimpse into the Future of Hardcorp

Awesome story that reminded me of HC and why punk kids shouldn't mess around with Marines, even at 84

Bay City News Service
Article Launched: 03/27/2008 10:39:20 AM PDT

SANTA ROSA - A boy in his mid-teens learned Wednesday afternoon that it is not a good idea to try to rob a former U.S. Marine at knifepoint, even if the former Marine is 84 years old, police said today.

Santa Rosa police Sgt. Steve Bair said that's what happened around 2 p.m. in the 1600 block of Fourth Street. The elderly man was walking with a grocery bag in each arm when the boy approached him with a large knife, Bair said.

The boy said, "Old man, give me your wallet or I'll cut you," Bair said. The man told the boy he was a former Marine who fought in three wars and had been threatened with knives and bayonets, Bair said.

The man then put his bags on the ground and told the boy that if he stepped closer he would be sorry. When the boy stepped closer, the man kicked him in the groin, knocking him to the sidewalk, Bair said. The ex-Marine picked up his grocery bags and walked home, leaving the boy doubled over, Bair said.

The man reported the attempted robbery to police 45 minutes later.

Bair said the teen is described only as 15 or 16 years old. Anyone with information is asked to call the Police Department.
Link to story

Old 03-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Glimpse into the Future of Hardcorp

He got lucky with just a kick in the groin...

Old 03-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Kikepiz

He got lucky with just a kick in the groin...
+1
He must of had some ice-creamhe did not want to melt.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:09 PM

Haha that's awesome.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:18 PM

thats funny.. i have a friend who is in the marines back home, he was also into kempo and other martial arts.

this guy at a turnpike stop got in his car with his girlfriend driving and him in the passenger seat, the guy had a knife and told them to get going and head to Tulsa.. Well that lasted about 30 seconds.. Jason grabbed the guys arm and broke it in 2 spots, took his knife and called the police.. lol.. dont f with people who have had the govt train them in self defense/how to fight and not lose..

Old 03-27-2008, 05:23 PM

Thats awesome. A while back there was a parade somewhere for marines returning home from over seas duty. One of the tree hugging hippies come running out into the parade and spit onto one of the marines and called him a baby murder. I think it was in california. The most amazing part of the story is the marine after living through hell that no one truly "wants" to do, the marine managed to keep a straight face and keep walking. Personally i would have snapped his head off and **** down his neck.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Friend and Hero ...

KB that's a good one just a basic Marine mentality lol even at 84

Old 03-27-2008, 08:50 PM

i heard a story like that about a year ago
i think the guy was in his 60s though

oddly though both ex-marines didn't report the attempted robbery until an hour or so later

Old 03-27-2008, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: bwayers

oddly though both former-Marines didn't report the attempted robbery until an hour or so later

that's because when they got home and told their wives what happened...it took almost an hour for them to convince their husbands that calling the police was necessary--because kicking a punk in the ***** to remind him that we do not take other's belongings...is nothing compared to the realities of horror facing those that swear on their lives to defend this country...

Old 03-27-2008, 10:21 PM

[/quote]

that's because when they got home and told their wives what happened...it took almost an hour for them to convince their husbands that calling the police was necessary--because kicking a punk in the ***** to remind him that we do not take other's belongings...is nothing compared to the realities of horror facing those that swear on their lives to defend this country...

[/quote]
Couldnt be said any better. My hat goes off to any one in the service. I tried to join but my left knee is titanium so they told me no.

Quick Reply: A Glimpse into the Future of Hardcorp