The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

My thoughts after a glimpse of diesel fumes

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
You're off searching PKN now aren't you Seb? I think you and I might qualify to join that band (after a few Amarulas')
Holy Fudge Batman................

Fans of PKN (Pertti Kurikan Nimipaivat) reacted angrily to news they had not been voted through to the final, after they ranked among early favourites with bookmakers

We'll have a Finnish riot on our hands..............

Remember, Keep Calm Matti and Revel in your Triumphs

Cheers, SB

PS: You can all come live Downunder if you want - just wait about 12 months until the current absurd housing bubble pops then you'll get a place real cheap...................

Old 05-20-2015, 05:39 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
PS: You can all come live Downunder if you want - just wait about 12 months until the current absurd housing bubble pops then you'll get a place real cheap...................
And you may have to do a wee stint in Christmas Island, if you try and come in by sea.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:27 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woof, let me apologize for Seb, Matti and I for just totally derailing your heartfelt and honest posting.

But I am sure that you expect nothing less from us.

You know very well that we all care about you.

On a side note, you absolutely have to check out the Roadkill vids on Motor Trend channel Youtube.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:06 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's good to hear good news. And even better when the news is of a couple coming back together. May all the powers that be shine upon the two of you, and upon the wayward teen.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

GRAZIE! GRAZIE!

BELLA FORTUNA, GRAZIE!

TI AMO!

Meeting this morning with two HR people and the owner of the company. About 20 minutes in they ask me to leave the room. Ten seconds in the hallway and I'm asked to come back to handshakes all around.

Me and the Mrs. will be making a scouting expedition to the Skagit Valley over the long weekend. Store construction is finishing up and I've already been tasked with pulling the inventory from the DC. End of summer is the expected opening

Derailing my thread? Ha! I expected nothing less from the Downunders and their Finnish minion.

To the neighbor.

Was that your pristine MkII with 14,000 mi I saw at the Honda dealer on S. 96th in for carb work? Jeez, you shoulda' seen this thing. So sexy the service people had to head me off at the pass before I threw a leg over it thinking it was used for sale.

Thanks for the well wishes to everyone form me and Mrs. Woof. Sorry I've been scarce lately but I've cruised down Desolation Boulevard occasionally and was alarmed at the lack of bikes parked out front of the Saloon. Wondered if I was gonna' find it boarded up one day.

Oh! anda 'nother thing. I bought a pawn shop Fender Telecaster. A beauty. I use it to practice real guitar type stuff. Then I bought another one used and I "Keef'd" it.

You put a humbucker in the neck position,then take off the low E string and tune it to open G. Then you go on You Tube and search Brown Sugar lesson. If you can play a basic bar chord, then every classic Stones song from Sticky Fingers to Exile is at your fingertips. Trust me, it's so stupidly simple I kick myself.

So you give it some practice then guzzle about a half a bottle of Courvoisier. Dangle a cig from your lips. Put on Tumbling Dice.

Dime the amp and your living room is suddenly Wembley Stadium.

Forget about being the next Clapton/Santana/Gilmour/Whoever. Richards figured out how to make millions playing rhythm guitar with a few simple flourishes.

Give it a try.

Cheers!

Old 05-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wooferdog
Finnish minion.

Almost makes me wanna change my avatar again

Marvelous news! Now get packing!

Oh if only I`d get myself to take the three steps across the room and choose one of the four guitars behind me some day, I don`t smoke anymore but I got a minibar full of whisky at arms length.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:32 PM

If the goggles fit there, Matti

...and don't forget. Practice, practice, practice

BTW. That's not a flattering likeness, but can he drive a Rally Car?

Last edited by wooferdog; 05-21-2015 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Celebratinnnnnnnng
Old 05-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, wonderful Woof, weally wonderful. (that's alliteration at it's least best)

So, new job, the relationship is on the mend, the move is on, you're going to 'half-hinch' a bike and you're playing like Keith Richards.

Sounds just the ticket to me!

Cheers, SB

PS: I just hope you're not looking like Keith Richards

Old 05-21-2015, 04:46 PM

Shaved me head the other day. Looked in the mirror?

More Nosferatu, than the man with five strings and nine lives?

How the **** did my ears get so big and so fricken' pointy?

No, no.

Though I have trod in his footsteps, so to speak.

New joke

How Many Finnish Minions does it take to drive a Rally Car?

Answer?

Six.

One to work the pedals. One to steer and shift gears. One to Navigate. One to hold the barf bag for the Navigator. And two to hang onto the roof to scrape the Portuguese Rally fans off the windscreen.

Last edited by wooferdog; 05-21-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wooferdog
New joke

How Many Finnish Minions does it take to drive a Rally Car?

Answer?

Six.

One to work the pedals. One to steer and shift gears. One to Navigate. One to hold the barf bag for the Navigator. And two to hang onto the roof to scrape the Portuguese Rally fans off the windscreen.
Only two when driving indoors apparently.......................

Cheers, SB

Quick Reply: My thoughts after a glimpse of diesel fumes