The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Hi Viz Gear & apparently other stuff too :-)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Time to put a jack under this thread and get it back on track...

Yesterday I was driving home with my wife from my sister`s place, where we were celebrating new year, and we stopped at this big ABC- service station complex that has all these little shop-booths along an alley. My wife was going to a crafting/gift shop which I was not that interested. Next to that shop is a finnish motorcycle/snowmobile garment shop called HANX. The shop was closed, being the new year`s day and all, but since I was not too keen to go see the gift shop and am going to get new gear next spring I figured I`d do some window shopping especially since the shop has a 24-year celebration sale with the corresponding % off everything. And what-a-find-I-did!

HANX TERRAIN jacket. Cordura/Dynatex, elbow/shoulder/back shields, detachable inner lining.

That black/yellow jacket is like ten times cooler In real life than on that picture. My first thought was O.M.F.G I GOTTA have that! After the discount it costs around 136euros which is not that bad. But I figured the blk/red one would match my bike... Then I found this:

HANX FLAME 2011 EDITION. same specs as the last one.

Not exactly HI-VIS as the first option, but pretty cool to me. This one would match my pretty pricy black/white/orange gloves I bought last summer.

...And then I found this:

The RICHA RIX NEON.
Being considerably (over twice) pricier and no back shield this would propably be the last choice, however the best looking IMO...

A horrible battle in my head (and wallet...) The shop opens tomorrow so I propably have to go test fit them...

A funny little thing that happened afterwards... We have this erotic male dance group in Finland called the Scandinavian Hunks.
After I had been drooling the glasses of the shop I rushed to the gift shop and found my wife and some other young wemen looking through this trinket-jewelry shelf, and announced at a considerable amount of enthusiasm that the first thing I gotta do when we get home is go visit the HANX website to check out their gear and prices (pretty much the same in finnish). Got a few pretty weird looks before I added: As in H-A-N-X bike gear...

Last edited by Mattson; 01-02-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Mattson, what are you doing? Hi Viz stuff in a stupid ugly car thread? LOL

Edit: I have attached a Hi Viz car just to keep things on track.

Attached Thumbnails Hi Viz Gear & apparently other stuff too :-)-1964-rambler-clipper-boat-aqua-white-ggr.jpg  

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 01-02-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

LOL Just woke up not twenty minutes ago so not feeling like the brightest star in the sky... Had to read that like four-five times before it "sunk in"... was like .........wat?

I reeeeally want a new jacket the last one being about ten years old so I propably go see them today... I`d have the green for the Richa, but I figured if I get one of those Hanx`s I could prolly get boots too...

Old 01-03-2012, 12:27 PM

Tried the terrain jacket.
Looked ridiculous.
Didn`t fit.
Went for the flames...

Old 04-10-2012, 11:15 PM

Saw one of those blk/yellow terrain jackets yesterday, really glad I didn't buy one... Sure I could spot it from a mile away, but...it looked totally ludicrous...

cruisers are slowly crawling onto the roads here, and next weekend we have to change summer tires on cars, who haven't already. Still too cold to ride IMO, but not long anymore... Still gotta change that chain though...

Old 10-06-2012, 12:13 PM

A new product from the Finnish Manufacturer SWEEP: The Electro-series!

The jackets have a built-in light strip in the back with a rechargeable battery in the lining.

Prices here @ 350euros (approx 456 USD)

Old 10-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
The jackets have a built-in light strip in the back with a rechargeable battery in the lining.
Kind of TRON like but I like it.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Is Hi-vis mandatory in Finland?

Old 10-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Senior Member and Montana roustabout :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new helmet I bought has a strip of red LED lights in the back. 3 functions. Constant, slow flash and fast flash. Didn't realize it until it got here

Old 10-06-2012, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by wooferdog
Is Hi-vis mandatory in Finland?
No.