The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Hi Viz Gear & apparently other stuff too :-)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

My raingear for commuting is a black one pc. all weather suit,black boots and gloves with reflective striping/accents.It has the built in armor like a leather suit.

I've had my eye on a 2 pc. Icon Hi-Viz neon green at closeout price for rain gear only to be more visible.It has the built in armor also.
The neon green helmet would also be added.

As already said though,being visible is my part and being seen is not.All it takes is one siily driver!

I understand why law enforcement and military soldiers have to wear it!

I would wear it because I believe it would have an effect on my safety and I leave the decision to look like a reflective road cone with legs to others.

For me it's all part of my "Can you see me now!" program,especially when I end up in court.My insurance company hasn't let any of the idiots get away with hitting me up to now and I want keep that going.

I also installed a Go-Pro on the front of my helmet last Christmas and another going on the back this one.

"Why do you have the camera on your helmet"
"For you"

Last edited by paul13131313; 10-02-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Punctuation.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Geez Paul, It sounds like you have had more hits than Elvis. I suppose if I had been hit as many times as it sounds like you have, I would be a bit paranoid too. Maybe a big flashing light and siren might be in order. By the way, you don't live near a bowls club do you, as stats show if you live near one of them it is a matter of when not if, til you get hit. I am a big fan of the reflective stuff, my Rjays rack bag is black but the reflective writing on it that is blinding at night.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That 3M piping stuff is on my rear seat bag and two of my jackets. That stuff really works at night!

I don't think the 'roos care though and, where I live, they're more of a worry than even a hat wearing, pipe smoking Volvo driver towing a caravan .

Old 10-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

We have deer,bear,rabbit,squirrel,chipmunk,etc.,with highly tuned self preservation mechanisms,although I have heard of someone bouncing off a bear locally,on a tight twisty road.

I've only had 2 encounters with automobiles and that's just two too many if you know what I mean.Humans have a higher function called a brain which they either use,don't use or misuse.

Besides it's fun videoing the county sheriff talking on their cellphones without a hands free device weaving out and in of their lane on the freeway!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This stuff is cheap and goes a long way. LOL

Attached Thumbnails Hi Viz Gear & apparently other stuff too :-)-paint.jpg  
Old 10-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paul13131313
We have deer,bear,rabbit,squirrel,chipmunk,etc.,with highly tuned self preservation mechanisms,although I have heard of someone bouncing off a bear locally,on a tight twisty road.

I've only had 2 encounters with automobiles and that's just two too many if you know what I mean.Humans have a higher function called a brain which they either use,don't use or misuse.

Besides it's fun videoing the county sheriff talking on their cellphones without a hands free device weaving out and in of their lane on the freeway!
I just missed a deer at 120kmh (me, not the deer) and have clipped the tip of a 'roos tail hard on the brakes.

You can keep the bears mate!! They'd just get angry if you hit one on your bike wouldn't they? That'd be a **** of a day...smash your bike, then get eaten.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, how you ride will save your **** more than what you wear. Bear repellent might be on my checklist if I lived over there! .

Old 10-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by davethepom
I just missed a deer at 120kmh (me, not the deer) and have clipped the tip of a 'roos tail hard on the brakes.

You can keep the bears mate!! They'd just get angry if you hit one on your bike wouldn't they? That'd be a **** of a day...smash your bike, then get eaten.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, how you ride will save your **** more than what you wear. Bear repellent might be on my checklist if I lived over there! .
Yosemite Bears ORIGINAL - YouTube

Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man has this thread gone off the cliff ..... well at least it's in the saloon

To hell with that Dave & Naga ........... this is Maine ( not Sparta although almost )

We just go ------ Bam Bam with a .45

like this there are a few outcomes here try typing "kisses" "hugs" "blows" "****s" or "shoots" "tickles" "farts at" "sings to"

This is one of the best ones yet ~ !

NSFW. A hunter shoots a bear! - YouTube

Last edited by Sprock; 10-04-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just ride the speed limit +20% and you will be ahead of the Volvos, would be runner overs and bears.

Now that flat black helmet of yours would be a candidate for that silver reflective paint.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
Just ride the speed limit +20% and you will be ahead of the Volvos, would be runner overs and bears.

Now that flat black helmet of yours would be a candidate for that silver reflective paint.

ya don't say ! Your bike could do with a coat of it in a nice neon pink reflective version and remember
the Volvo's will always be ahead of the slooooow moving Stratoliner Types

Last edited by Sprock; 10-04-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Hi Viz Gear & apparently other stuff too :-)