The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Hey Hamlin

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 313 Likes on 257 Posts

Sailgating... I love that.
I see you guys put a hurting on Hawaii. Congrats on that.

We are looking better but I don't think we should be #8.
Kent State came to play. They don't look too bad in some areas.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:22 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Guess we're going to get down to the nitty-gritty. Dawg's go on the road for the first game in awhile to Provo, UT and play BYU. Always a tough place to play. They knocked off USC today.

Hawk's vs Steeler's. Should be national tomorrow. Hope you get to see it. Factoid. In Russel Wilson's career, the Seahawks have only one double digit loss. That was to San Diego by 11.

After the ugly win by one point to the Bengals last week. My co-workers were complaining about the play,

My argument was,.Would rather be the hungover guy in Seattle, looking at himself in the mirror on Monday morning or would you rather be the hungover guy in Cleveland looking at himself in the mirror on Monday morning?

That shut 'em up

Old 09-15-2019, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Yea, AU goes to College Station next Saturday. That will be a tough one to win.

NFL viewing is totally jacked up where I live. I have no idea how they decide what will be aired around here. For the early game they are showing Cowboys/Redskins and Patriots/Dolphins. Makes zero sense. There's a "local" team playing, The Titans are at home against the Colts. It should be one of the few times I can watch the Colts play. But somebody thinks the other 2 games are more important. I usually have to go to BWW or the like to watch the games I want. I used to have the subscription via DirectTV. But I'm done paying that kind of money.

That's a pretty interesting factoid about Wilson. I've always thought he was one of those under the radar kind of athletes. He's good, really good but he's so quiet it's easy to lose him in the commotion of all the people out there begging to be in the spot light.

Last edited by hamlin6; 09-15-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on beating up on the BYU boys. Looks like you guys owned the game.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:43 PM

Yeah thanks, Hope you got see it. Mrs. Woof had plans for me today and I only caught snippets on the radio. Tigers took care of business. Never easy winning in the state of Texas.

side note.

Mount Vernon High School Bulldogs went out of the county to play on the road and i didn't make the trip. Due to attrition the co-worker's kid had to play halfback as well as MLB. He rushed for three touchdowns in a nail biter win

'Hawks at home against a Brees-less Saints team. Bridgewater's a journeyman who might have something up his sleeve, but I doubt it. Payton's savvy and could scheme up something interesting, but I doubt that too

Looking to go 3-0

Old 09-22-2019, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Our games were on at the same time so I flipped back and forth.

That's pretty awesome that young man can play both sides of the line. He probably has quads the size of tree trunks.

The Horseshoe heads should do well today at home. I'll actually get to watch it since they are playing ATL. You never know though with Ryan. He's a quarterback that who is dangerously good when he's on.

Old 09-22-2019, 03:16 PM

Sitting having coffee this morning, I finally got around to checking scores from around the Pac-12. Hoh boy! Washington State Cougars managed to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory. Their QB throws for 9 TD's but the defense gives up 50 points in the second half to the hapless UCLA Bruins.

Husky fans have an expression for this type of thing. We say they "Coug'd it"

Man, they 'Coug'd it big time

Old 09-22-2019, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

I just turned on the NO/ SEA game. I am pretty surprised.
To quote my granddaughter when she was about 2, "what da hwell?"

Old 09-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

So where does Coug'd get its origin?

Old 09-22-2019, 07:06 PM

Saints established control early and didn't let up

Coug'd it, has been around as long as I can remember. They have a storied history of blowing big leads or clanking game winning field goal attempts

Quick Reply: Hey Hamlin