Crazy Neighbors...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crazy Neighbors...

Anyone have whacko neighbors like I do?
I have them on both sides of me!

The lady on the left is nuts about her yard and she mows it every other day. First with a riding mower, then with a pushmower.
When I mow mine, she has a fit if any of MY grass clippings get into her yard. She comes out with a broom and actually sweeps these rogue clippings back into my yard. (yes, with a broom!) She told me last year that I need to buy a bagger, and I need to mow my yard more.
She even called me up one time because my dog peed on her bushes!! In fact, I was outside throwing the frisbee to my dogs when it happened. When I came back inside, I had two messages on my answering machine from her, telling me what happened! She advised me that if the bush died, I was responsible.
I make a game of it now. I think it's funny.
She also has these two fat little dogs, and my border collie likes to run full boar and slam into the one for some reason. He knocks that little dog **** over tin cups. I always act like it's an accident, but I watch for her to let her dogs out, then I let my dog Raider out so he can slam away. It's hilarious.
My dog is the nicest dog ever, and he won't bite the little dogs, he just likes to "play" with the really fat one.
It's just getting nice around here, so the war is on!!
I'm a bad, bad boy...

Old 04-18-2009, 02:50 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good for you mate , you gotta fight fire with fire , if you got a crazy neighbour from hell , you gotta be a crazeeee neighbour too

Your dog probably thinks the other dog is a ball and just wants play .

If things get serious you can always mail her one of your dogs chocolate sausages

Old 04-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Administrator - Retired

Good ideas, guys!

I'm thinking I may wait for her to leave, and then do a big long burnout in her carport while she's gone.

I could also throw all my dog's poo into her yard. Or I could just train the border to go over to her house to do his business.
She hates poo in her yard. She picks it all up with a scooper.

Another thing she does that REALLY ticks me off, is that instead of walking down to her mailbox to get her mail (only like 15yrds), she stops in the middle of the road with her car and gets it out of the box through her car window! Every time she does it, she almost causes an accident. We live by a big hill and it's dangerous as hell. Lazy woman.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar neighbor so i used to help him out by fertilizing his lawn while he was out with liquid fertilizer! man did it grow and kept him busy right through summer, mowing at least twice a week.
I then made up some roundup (grass killer) and froze it as ice cubes, tossed 3 or 4 on his back lawn and one on the front lawn, telling him that he had lawn grubs. It was the best watching as he mowed and sprayed all summer.
When we sold our house and moved (2 years later) i mixed up some fertilizer and while he was out wrote "****" in his front lawn. Drove past 2 months later and "****" was clearly visible in bright green grass....

Old 04-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Administrator - Retired

Some very good ideas!
otr002, I like your fertilizer trick. I might have to steal that idea. I'm thinking instead of "****" I might go with "cvnt".

Steve, your situation sounds very similar to mine. She does all the same stuff to her yard. I haven't seen her out with the aerator yet, but I bet she has one.
I heard her talking to the other neighbor about me yesterday. "He just doesn't care", they say!!
Excuse me if I work 7 days a week and don't have time to plant flowers...
I'd imagine that if I didn't work like her, I STILL wouldn't be planting flowers. I'd be riding my old girl across the country, i suppose...

I have a feeling that this is gonna be a fun summer with this old hag!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do the weed killer/fertilizer thing in stripes on the lawn - half will wither, the other half will flourish............................drive her nuts !!
I once siphoned a nasty neighbour's gas into his own prize rosebushes.
I was a little meaner back then..................

Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Administrator - Retired

He he... I like the half and half trick, too. Might take too long, though, and she'd catch me!

After you siphoned the gas into the roses, did you strike a match? That'd be fun! That would prove you weren't stealing the gas, at least..

Cops: "Sir, did you steal your neighbor's gas?"
You: "Nope, just used it to kill her rose bushes"

Old 04-21-2009, 09:31 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah the most important thing is not to get caught , 'cos half the fun is their frustration knowing it's you but not bein' able to prove it , drives the f*ckers crazy and the more frustrated they get the crazier they seem

Quick Reply: Crazy Neighbors...