Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015 | 11:59 PM
Welcome Crew

That is one cool dog there Seb!

Old 03-20-2015 | 01:17 AM
|
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hmm
I'm looking for a petition to get him off our screens completely.
Back when I was an impressionable young(er) motorcyclist we used to call him 'Tw4tson' as he never had a good word to say about bikes or bikers. First impressions stick...
And now that he looks so rough, with his rotten teeth and his untrimmed eyebrows, losing him from our screens wouldn't be a bad thing.
Replacing him with Alan Partridge would be a stroke of genius!

I understand your point hmm,

Clarkson is, I believe, the consummate entertainer. Much of what he says and does is the result of much thought as to what will please the majority of his viewers. It is quite studied. Heck, the quote in my sig is a Clarkson quote that is "derogatory" to motorcyclists. But I see it for what it actually is. A nod to us that we ride for the sheer "pleasure" of it.

I'll miss the TG format if he goes - and the repartee between the three stooges.

Cheers, SB

PS: only 14,361 signatures needed to reach 1,000,000

Old 03-20-2015 | 06:15 PM

Holy heck this is becoming a drawn out affair!!! TG is proving to be more of a disappointment every year with BS carry on. Me thinkith the 'British Bullchite Collective' are stuck between a rock and hard place. Placate the PC mob (which is their typical reaction) or actually for once listen to the hordes of fans.

FFS just put the ***** on a very tight chain, make a genuine apology to the director and enforce a very large (like a 100K)cash penalty (payable to the director) to make ole JC's ego smart a bit and make him realise he ain't the real JC and keep things rolling.

If JC then chooses to 'walk', fine, bin the whole fecking program, drop the lot on JC for being a c#*k and move on.

Bring back Tif and 5th gear for some realistic tin top entertainment.

Annoyed TG fan Ando

Old 03-22-2015 | 01:21 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

I'm with you Ando, spot on.

Old 03-26-2015 | 01:06 PM

Hooray, the BBC made a decision and binned ole JC.

Now it looks like the other two are playing silly buggers and acting like kids not wanting to play in sand pit without their beloved JC, talk about bromance taken too far. Hammond needs to remember he came from a nobody tv channel on a nobody car program no body watched. Capt Slow.........................erm Pianos I think.

Those two lads need to realise they are trying to back little more than an egotistical bully. Show some intelligence, get over it and move forward without the oaf.
Ando

Old 03-26-2015 | 02:21 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

Backing an egotistical bully????

In the entertainment industry???

When does that happen?

Its smart for May, Hammond, and as much staff to jump ship and stick together. That becomes one hell of a package for another broadcast company to buy, and it'd be the best bet for continued succcess.

BBC didn't make the wrong decision, but it might turn out to be bad one. 350 mil viewers per week, £20 million in profits yearly, and their most popular program just imploded.

That's business though, you have to make tough decisions and there isn't always a good outcome.

Old 03-26-2015 | 02:33 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Just rescued season 13 and 17 DVD:s from the discount bin in the local supermarket today, gonna crack me a cold one and watch those while waiting for the news which channel will make the first offer.

Old 03-27-2015 | 05:15 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Backing an egotistical bully????

In the entertainment industry???

When does that happen?

Almost never, this young lady and her husband got fired very quickly from NZ TV.

Apparently her husband invented the "suit"??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNgp...gp9T2fzKs#t=38

Old 03-27-2015 | 06:28 AM

Well it is sad to see that Clarkson has been canned over such a small infraction. While it is never right to hit someone at work, even as much as you may want to, I think that it could have been handled much differently and no one would have to have lost a job. Clarkson didn't try to hide the event, self reported it and all the producer got is a busted lip. It's not like Clarkson beat the man to a pulp then tried to cover it up. So fine Clarkson and suspend him for a couple episodes then make him apologize on camera and do a PSA on bullying. The Media has done all in its power to point out every gaff and flaw that the man has (along with some that were not his doing or were "Leaked" and never meant to be aired or edited out of the program) and not realising that those flaws are why people watched him and enjoyed the show. It was nice to see a show that wasn't PC and would occasionally ruffle some feathers.

I think it is a good idea for the Hamster and Cpt. Slow to follow Clarkson out and let the BBC try and reinvent TG so that it can fail or succeed on its own. They both have projects outside of TG so I don't think that walking will impact their careers much, maybe one less vacation this year. Time will tell...

In other news... The snow in Maine is slowly melting and the driveway is turning to mud soup, so hopefully that means in a month or so I'll be able to get the 87 back on the road and into the wind.

Old 03-28-2015 | 01:29 AM
Welcome Crew

Hey TK, NZ should stick to cricket, those people could hardly speak English let alone sing in it.

Quick Reply: BBC = Bring Back Clarkson