The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

BBC = Bring Back Clarkson

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default BBC = Bring Back Clarkson

While I don't condone snotting a workmate for serving me a cold platter after a long days toil, I think Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear has ben villified and assumed guilty before being given the opportunity to address the BBC board. That and he actually brought the details of the 'fracas' to the attention of his management himself.

Anyway, we, the mug punters are being punished as BBC has decided to not air the final three episodes from the current series.

There is a petition you can sign, if you see fit to Bring Back Clarkson - 870,000 people have signed as of this post.

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

I've signed, but then I'm politically incorrect myself!

Cheers, SB

Last edited by Sebastionbear1; 03-14-2015 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:46 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I, for one, condone it SB... Look, this is the man who punched Piers Morgan. He should be entitled to one free punch after that - as a thank you for punching Piers.

Just kidding. All I know is that he punched some assistant/producer. Also, I've heard that they've buried the hatchet, Clarkson apologized, and there was never an official compliant from the producer, it was handled between them before BBC even found out...

So, it appears to be an overreaction by top brass at BBC, IMHO.

As it stands right now, they won't even air the last already filmed, episodes. That's the ridiculous part. If they want to fire him, fine. But at least air the already filmed episodes for the 350 million fans.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:10 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Signed. The man is like garfield, you just love to hate him and the show will never be the same without him. You just can't replace 20yrs of chemistry between the lads.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:10 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it is politically incorrect, count me in.....just added my name to the petition

Old 03-17-2015, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never acceptable to result to violence in work- if he did bring back Tiff - if he didn't bring him back - but meanwhile broadcast what's been prepared, its madness not too the re runs are there to see so why not the pre recorded, total over reaction.
I don't trust the media, don't know the facts, petition not signed..

Old 03-19-2015, 05:57 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's an interesting character isn't he ?

I enjoy his outrageously right wing books, but can do without seeing him on TV.

The Beebs is in a very interesting position. The Top Gear (Clarkson) franchise is worth millions to them.

Will they really dump that over some bit of sh1te going down in a pub?

On the other hand, he's just a guy like the rest of us. Sometimes has a bit of rush of blood to the head.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Only 28,630 signatures needed to reach 1,000,000................

The stories abound and grow greater in the telling.

Stephen Fry as a replacement?? Alan Partridge (Steve Coogan construct) as an alternative.

Actually, I'd like to see Sweets the Bulldog replace Clarkson - certainly has a similar visage

It is the most drawn out inquiry in history.

Cheers, SB

Last edited by Sebastionbear1; 03-19-2015 at 06:20 AM.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:36 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'm certainly out if they replace jezza with Tiff, or as I call him, Tihru, which is finnish for squint. In fact I don't really see that anyone could replace him. Stephen Fry? Ha! I could see him talking civilized behind the wheel of a Rolls but thrashing about around a race track doing four wheel drifts... not so much...

Honestly I'm gonna be very surprised if the production team really kills the gold egg laying goose they have, because I'm certain no matter who would be the possible replacement thousands of die hard fans would leave the show in a heartbeat. The trio IS top gear, period.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

I agree Matti - whole heartedly.

They actually approached May and the Hamster and asked if they would finish the last three episodes without Jeremy and they refused! Said all three or not happening.

Leaves the door open for them all to decamp - for huge sums of money - to a rival station.

BBC would be INSANE to let that happen.

Cheers, SB

Old 03-19-2015, 04:00 PM
hmm
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking for a petition to get him off our screens completely.
Back when I was an impressionable young(er) motorcyclist we used to call him 'Tw4tson' as he never had a good word to say about bikes or bikers. First impressions stick...
And now that he looks so rough, with his rotten teeth and his untrimmed eyebrows, losing him from our screens wouldn't be a bad thing.
Replacing him with Alan Partridge would be a stroke of genius!

Quick Reply: BBC = Bring Back Clarkson