How To's Show us what ya did and how ya did it!

Cam Chain & Tensioner Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i tried that and the engine wants to stop when is cold but after he gets hot it keeps doing the same thing

Old 05-18-2010, 06:26 PM

Great Write up! Really A+.
I have a question about the timing chain replacement. Does anyone know a source or description for a rivet master link type Timing Chain? Do you buy a DID chain based on the dimensions of the CBR1000F specs, or is there a model specific part?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Unhappy cam chain

hello!Can you tell me if this is the original or the right one cam chain for cbr 1000f,it says that is in used condition not new,you think i should buy it?:http://cgi.ebay.de/Steuerkette-Honda...item3a5bdc4ef4
Thankyou!

Old 07-08-2010, 05:01 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Why on earth would you want to buy a used cam chain. That's mad!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like Henry says ....... NO they wear and stretch

Old 07-13-2010, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Arr , ...what's wrong with that Henry ??

I heard that the same guy had some other ripper deals on a pair of bald tires and a great set of freyed throttle cables that sounded wicked mate ...lol

sheesh ....
Ah now you're talking Steve. Anything frayed goes straight off to your grandmother for darning, like socks. If the outer case wears out just splice with macaroni or the harder type of liquorice. Works a treat. Don't expose to boiling water!
My ageing aunt stitched up a hole in my fuel pipe a couple of weeks ago. Stemmed the flow nicely. Why bother buying new when you can make do and mend eh? Complete false economy IMO. BP should take a leaf out of her book.
I've got a good quantity of second hand oil and filters if any of you guys are a bit strapped at the mo. One careful owner. Low mileage (for a truck). I can ship it at cost carefully packed in plastic bags. Bids start at 99p but I have it advertised elsewhere so may end the auction early.
Although I always take great care to describe my items a honestly as possible it is the buyers responsibility to ensure that this item is compatible with their particular bike, or cement mixer.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:23 AM
Angry

ha!ha!ha!you are so good with me,you didn t get it i just wanted to see what real bikers are chtting on this forum .
Now i get it,and second the main reason for the question ,i wanted to now if the chain and the sprockets from the pictures are genuine honda parts.But you were way of the reason,y bet most of you didn t now how an motorcicle engine works properly,i ve meet a lot of you on my life.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Like Henry says ....... NO they wear and stretch
Did I actually say that? Damn! I wondered where my marbles were going.
Sorry..... I must have been sleep typing. What I actually meant was, "yeah, that's the one, go buy it.... sounds like a bloody good deal. Bite his arm off and fit it as soon as you get it through your letterbox".

Glad you pointed out my mistake there Sproklett. Thanks.

By the way, I"m prepared to separate the oil... if any one wants small quantities..... for sewing machines, watches, poodles..... scientific instruments....

Quick Reply: Cam Chain & Tensioner Replacement