How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Integrated Tail ....Make one yourself for $12

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:40 AM
March 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Integrated Tail ....Make one yourself for $12

I'm now angry, i just bought a integrated tailight for 80 and now i see this.
i never even thought about wiring up relays. Crap [:@]

Old 01-24-2009, 02:24 AM
Default RE: Integrated Tail ....Make one yourself for $12

ok im over my head with this one, I am on step 3 where in you instructions i need to cut the green/yellow wire on the bulb side but due to an accident this bike does not have the right colored wires and I am not sure which bike this tailight is off so i cant look up the wiring schemadic, the 3 wires coming out of the tail light are Black. Black/yellow. Black/white so i am not sure on which ones are for what. I am on hold on this project until I can figure that out. and no the tailight was not installed so i wasn't able to just look to see which ones matched up with what colours. I guess ill see how this project works out but it is a great write up its just me not knowing everything about electrical.

hoping someone is able to help me identify the different colours on the tailight. thanx everyone

Old 02-02-2009, 05:33 PM

the green/yellow wire controls the bright filament in the bulb. if you look at the diagram of the bulbs on page one, you will see it goes G/Y, G, and Bl/Br. Now i am assuming the pin order is the same with your bulbs. Im about 90% certain your solid black is the ground, ie, my Green wire. The next ones im not sure about.I would think that your black yellow is running light(my Bl/Br) and your black white is the brake filament(my G/Y).

Turn on your bike, cut the black white one, turn on your brakes, if that light no longer turns bright then thats the right one. if it still gets bright and the running light doesn't work then its back-***-wards.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:08 PM

u can always ghetto rig also.. take a small bevel and make a hole in the back of your tailight housing and insert your current turn signals into those compartments.

that is why my friends did on his bike nad it work OK

Old 02-13-2009, 02:11 PM

ghetto riggin is possible...but this is cool...lol ;-p

Old 02-26-2009, 12:21 PM

That would be simpler since you wouldn't have solder but I think you'd need to swap you g/y and o inputs since the front running light cuts the power when the turn signal is on...

Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 PM

goodwork hangfire! this can be done many ways. i agree with lamar, you will need to swap your NC and NO pins on the relay

Old 02-27-2009, 03:24 PM

Just did mine with the Automotive SPDT Relays, works slick, thx everybody. Used Napa AR143 relay BTW

Quick Reply: Integrated Tail ....Make one yourself for $12