How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Integrated Tail ....Make one yourself for $12

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they are new relays i doubt they are defective. It probably your wiring somewhere. When i screwed mine up i sent a private message to both the guy who started the post as well as the guy who posted the wiring diagram and they helped me out so it might be worth a try. You might have to solder in some diodes into your wiring but i dont know for sure so like i said, the guy who started the post helped me out so give him a shout.

Last edited by Jerzdan; 08-19-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-22-2009, 09:40 PM

So I did this to my 92 F2, no luck. None of my turn signals will work. I have checked the wiring and it's all good, i've checked my bar switch and it's good, I think the flasher relay might be bad. Also on my right side brake light works now, I think it's cause the relay I used is bad or something. The relay for the right side with click when I hit the turn signal but the one for the left side won't. Not sure what to do here, any ideas?

Old 09-20-2009, 11:28 AM

Ok I did this mod last night and I am VERY DISAPOINTED.Dont get me wrong, the mod itself is a great idea and worked great but the thing is that on my 98 900RR there isnt a divider in between the lights.So when I turn my signal on it bleeds over into the other light and looks like crap.

I was thinking about pulling my light apart and adding a divider but I am like so disgusted that I am going to pull all the wiring back apart and just get some different signals for the rear.

Dont get me wrong, its a great mod but just make sure you have a divider in between the lights or it will look like crap when you have a signal on and then hit the brakes.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 10-02-2009, 02:13 PM

I'm so close to finishing! Can someone help me out?

The only thing I cannot seem to get working is the left brake light. It pulses for the signal. But nothing for the brakes. I double checked the connection. Any other ideas?

Old 10-03-2009, 09:01 AM

is your relay cycling off once you turn the signal off? Test the signal from the front of the bike for the LEFT running light. You need to go from the front left of the bike, all the way around to the back, you cant use the right side running light signal. This is my guess... because it sounds like the relay is staying in the NC position and not activating when your turn signal is off.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:45 AM

It was a combination of bad stock wires and some bad connections! Everything is working and awesome! PS. I used a blue lid of a tupperware container to make the divide between the two lights. Worked great!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:20 PM

how did you use a trailer light converter?

thanks chase

Old 12-15-2009, 08:30 AM

i had a similar problem.. my 929 had running lights, previous owner hacked up the wiring too.. could get the signals to work but when i shut off at the handlebar, they would stay on solid.. figured out up front, guy wired it all wrong, disconnected the running light part and they work fine now.. had to redo the connections with heat shrink butt connectors tho as he had twisties on it.. crap job. Works great now and functions as it should..

Old 12-15-2009, 03:03 PM

has anyone tryed used these as turn signal
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...pt-a35-sfa.htm

Old 12-17-2009, 09:40 PM

book marked for my next bike! excellent writeup.

Quick Reply: Integrated Tail ....Make one yourself for $12