How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Integrated Tail ....Make one yourself for $12

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother has a meter that reads it but i dont know how to use the damn thing and he dont remember either... It has so many settings i dunno what to put it on

Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 AM

dan ill come over and show u how to use it when u get home from work gimmie a call dude.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jerzdan
My brother has a meter that reads it but i dont know how to use the damn thing and he dont remember either... It has so many settings i dunno what to put it on

The next DC (dashes and solid line) voltage above 12 (usually 20). Attach the black lead to ground (bike frame), and touch the red to whatever contact\wire you're testing.

If you built the board yourself, you'll already know which lines will have power, and when. So, you're just working your way backwards making sure the power is where it's supposed to be.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:14 PM

ha figured it out...my wiring was jacked up...

Old 08-16-2009, 10:58 PM

Alright, I have been eyeing this thread for a while and winter is coming. All of it seems really far over my head but I am going to give it a shot. It can only be a cheap mistake.

First I was wondering, how many lights are in the brakelight and turn signals? Does this method put orange lights in your brakelight or just light up one side of your brakes for a blinker? I would prefer to get LEDs if I went through with this. Where should I be getting all of this stuff also?

Thanks

Old 08-17-2009, 08:08 AM

It just lights up the left or right bulb in the brake light, no bulbs are added when doing this mod as instructed. I got my stuff between NAPA and Radio Shack

Old 08-17-2009, 03:02 PM

Awesome. I will definitely give this a try. Which method do you recommend?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 PM

I used the automotive relays, I believe I posted the part number before already, yep Napa AR143, BTW my bike is street fightered so running wires and what not wasn't a big deal, IDK what is all involved with having the fairings

Last edited by Juddelicious; 08-18-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:42 PM

I did this to my 06 F4i about a month ago and used the napa relay method too. It was my first venture into anything electrical (besides flush mounts) and only ran into a little snag that turned out to just be a crappy connection. As for running the wire from the front blinkers to the rear, it wasnt a big deal at all. Just remove the fairings and run the wire along the frame and tuck it up out of sight and out of the way. I secured it with some cable ties and when the fairing was put back on you could not see anything.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Default f2?

So could somebody just post a schematic to do this on a f2? I'm not sure what wires I would run it off of, I.E. colors and the such. I'm just tryin to get my turn signals working, the front running lights work but when I hit the switch they just turn off, and the back ones don't work at all. I think the back ones are jacked up wiring, but I'm not sure about the front ones. The switch is good, already checked it, and all the bulbs are good. I'm not sure about the relay, and I'm not sure how to check it. Help me PLEASE

Quick Reply: Integrated Tail ....Make one yourself for $12