How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Helmet & Jacket security

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick 6
I´m not trying to be a smart *** but you do know that if someone cuts the helmet strap he´s a goner right?

Originally Posted by 04f4i-tim
Couldn't you just make the cable where you could just loop it through the actual helmet and out the visor and then back through the cable then lock the cable to the bike. I know someone could still cut the cable if there really wanted your stuff but it would make it alot harder than just cutting the fabric straps.
The whole point of going through the rings is to that the rings or the strap would have to be cut (rendering the helmet useless)

That's all I have to say. There is too much stupid in this thread for me to be able to stand staying any longer....

Edit: Nice work rod. I think I'll make one for my jacket! Thanks man

Old 01-19-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13

The whole point of going through the rings is to that the rings or the strap would have to be cut (rendering the helmet useless)

That's all I have to say. There is too much stupid in this thread for me to be able to stand staying any longer....

Edit: Nice work rod. I think I'll make one for my jacket! Thanks man

except for the fact that someone who is stealing the helmet could probably give two craps less if it has straps or not. they will probably just sell it as cheap as possible to the next guy.

I was just making a point that if people are worried about someone just cutting their straps off they can just make the cable run through the helmet. then someone would have to have bolt cutters to get it.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04f4i-tim
except for the fact that someone who is stealing the helmet could probably give two craps less if it has straps or not. they will probably just sell it as cheap as possible to the next guy.

I was just making a point that if people are worried about someone just cutting their straps off they can just make the cable run through the helmet. then someone would have to have bolt cutters to get it.
to cut my cable they are gonna need a big set of cutters lol, not to mention be strong enough to use em lol

Old 01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

hi i is stupppppppppppid

Old 01-20-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aussiephoenix
You know, I've always had issues with leaving my jacket or helmet on my bike... locked up or no. they're personal items, that should be with me at all times, never left unattended...

makes sense to me

Old 03-16-2011, 08:42 AM

good write up. Great idea