How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

DIY: F4I Headlight L.E.D DRL Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent!

BeHyper

Old 05-08-2011, 02:08 AM

sorry for bumping an old thread but has anyone else tried this? Also how long did it take?

I want to try this out but I'm not too good when it comes to projects like this.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:53 PM

can probably get it done in an hour-hour n a half depending on how well you know what you're doing. haha. if you have taken you're headlight housing apart before it should be quick and easy.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:43 AM

Well I am really considering this mod, but only for the amber turn signals. I'm just wondering how well you will be able to see the LEDs flash since I have HIDs installed on the bike and they're pretty bright.

I guess the other thing, has anyone else used the side emitting LEDs from superbrightleds.com? I'm wondering if those would work better as the surface you're mounting the strip to appears like it won't be aiming direct out into traffic.

Last edited by LoneWolf04; 08-27-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:26 PM

I have mine connected to my turn signals and i also have hids and they are visible no problem day or night. I cannot really comment about the side emitting but i cant imagine it being a problem

Old 09-03-2011, 06:18 PM

hey guys just an update here..

my original l.e.d's are still looking and working great but i would like to add if you want more light to show for morning/noon riding i would definately go with a brighter LED than the ones advance/autozone are selling. but for evening and night riding they are beautiful and very easily visable.

thanks again and i hope you guys like this easy mod

Old 09-10-2011, 05:34 PM

So my big question is where do you wire the LED's into (and how do you do it)? Any info or pics would be helpful. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sea Bass
So my big question is where do you wire the LED's into (and how do you do it)? Any info or pics would be helpful. Thanks.
I assume when you mean wire you mean positive and negative? Well if so positive you need to find a live 12v line and the ground can be negative of the battery, spot on the frame, anything that will act as a ground. Up in the front are a lot of bolts. For the power line you can tap into the low beam light or the gauge cluster power either will work. I prefer the low beam but thats just preference. You should throw in an inline fuse for safety. I have pictures somewhere i think so if you still need them i could find them for you

Old 02-05-2012, 09:09 PM

This was a HUGE help. Thank you!

Old 02-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by Phildoe
This was a HUGE help. Thank you!
No problem. U should post pics if u can and show us what yours looks like when finished

Quick Reply: DIY: F4I Headlight L.E.D DRL Mod