How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Convert 2 wire signals to 3 Wire Inputs

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
PROBLEM, well not really a problem, just a disliking. You no longer have running lights up front. You CAN just tie the wires together, but then your lights on the dash for signals will be lit up ALWAYS.
Ok so I was wondering how you make it on always? My plan is to put red led lights deep in the air ducks to make it glow red in the ducts(not turn signals). So basically I wanted power from the turn signals so the red led lights in the duct will be on but when I activate the turn signal to blink I don't want the red led lights to blink.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:43 PM

wire it to a constant source...like the illumination wire for your gauges, or your plate light.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:40 AM

Why couldn't you just put it direct to your batt. and control it with a toggle switch? Otherwise what he said above will be your only chance. To explain my reason for saying toggle switch is because in Texas it is e-legal to have red lights facing forward, red is an indication of rear of vehicle and having a switch to control it will give you the ability to control when its on. If you wire it to a switched source it will be on every time the key is switched on.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:05 AM

oh yea i didnt realize they were red. thatd be a bad idea to ride with those on. your best bet would be a toggle switch so you dont get a **** storm from the police.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Default Thanks Red

I went to the Honda Dealership and asked about flush mounts and they told me they would work but there was no way to keep my running lights. I got on here read this post followed the directions and it worked perfectly. Great write up great directions.
Tips to make it a little more clear:
Specify that the silver strip is on the diodes and is very important that it faces away from the harness because they control which way current flows. i didn't get what you were talking about when you said the silver strip but the guy at radio shack helped me out. Otherwise a great post and it worked perfectly on my 05' cbr 600 f4i

Old 03-01-2009, 08:21 PM

i searched and searched and searched and this is by far the best write up on this mod. thank you for posting it. followed it myself a few weeks ago and they work perfectly.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:34 PM

Redz....you mentioned installing a variable load flasher relay to slow the blink rate down. I'm installing the same flush mounts (clear) and the clear alternatives integrated tail/blinker kit. If needed, where would I wire in the variable load flasher relay for the front blinkers? I want everything to be some what in sync.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:44 PM

There is one relay per bike. On the f4i's at least it is right in between the headlights. There are two wires coming out. Just splice into the wires with some plugged leads and plug in the new relay..unplug the old one of course.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:48 PM

Good deal....thanks. It's a 954 but should be around the same area. I'll figure it out when I tear into it. And thanks for the write up. Gonna save me a lot of time and frustration.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:20 PM

I linked this thread to a question that I posted about my bike.

Thanks for the directions and pics!

Quick Reply: Convert 2 wire signals to 3 Wire Inputs