General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tired of tickets, I WANT RADAR DETECTOR NOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tired of tickets, I WANT RADAR DETECTOR NOW!!!

ORIGINAL: cbr714

thanks, I'm slowing down this morning ride. I'm selling the bike, taking a break just for now.
I usually ride without protective gears except a pair of glove. I wear regular jean, jacket, my helmet is blue and my bike is red (CBR F3 98, old bike too). That could point me out when I was speeding. Therefore cops think I'm their sitting duck. Thanks for input guys.
Color of the bike and helmet shouldnt matter to the cops.20 and 30 mph over the speed limit is what matters to them.

Your bike ,your choice to ride fast and the equipment you wear.Only you will have to live with what happens if you go down at those speeds with that equipment.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tired of tickets, I WANT RADAR DETECTOR NOW!!!

Alright cbr714 i feel your pain- i was thinking about doing the same thing too. anyone who says radar detectors dont help is full of $h!t. Do not sell your bike just because you got a ticket man there is other ways of doing it. Ya sometimes they go off on electronic items other than five-o guns but they do work. the thing is man you have to lern how to speed carefully, i mean ya i like to obey laws and such but nobody can say that the urge dosent come up every now and then- all im sayin is that when it does come be smart about it and not crazy. High traffic roads = more cops, back country roads = flyin high (most of the time). I have been thinkin of ways to mount one, maybe usin one of those cell phone carriers for cars that have the suction cup and mount on the underside of the windshield so it curves around and just barley comes over. As for radar detectors, got mine at best buy 150, and it DOES work- espically helpful at night or coming over a hill, and it HAS saved me countless times in my car. So just to be clear i am NOT TELLING you to speed, just to do it carefully when you do, i mean everyone knows the beast we ride thats underneath all that plastic is just begging to be let out[&:]