General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shutting off on highway

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a ton for the info! Using a crow-bar I was able to pop it off with no effort (really hurt my back yanking on it the other day!). I had no idea it would be virtually impossible to take off by hand (this manuals a little to vague about taking things out lol)
...Now... do you have a trick for the reverse? lol I'm in the same boat once again. Took it off cleaned it out, now I cant get the boots back on the cylinder heads! I... you guessed pushed with all my might and hurt my back again . Then I tried using a rubber mallet with a rag... all I accomplished was putting a small ding in one of the air funnels ... I tried getting a 2x4 involved... didn't work either.

I'm pretty embarrassed to say this but, I think my issue is the fuel line bending when I lower the tank. I've been researching this problem on and off for the passed few weeks and that was usually the #1 suggestion... and I read it every time thinking what kind of dumb-a** wouldn't realize that... I guess this kind! lol
Planing on putting everything back together, trying to straighten the fuel line and then test it out asap. if it happens again its fuel pump checking time!...

**just saw that you posted in a thread about doing what I'm now having trouble with... I'm gona have to boil them?!?! aww mannn!

Last edited by Zandaloo; 07-22-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:36 PM

NVM I put a little tiny bit of motor oil on the parts that need to slide together, and they popped on just fine. I didn't realize it would pop rather than slide.
put everything back together, placed the fuel line in a better place, and I'm hopping I'll be able to test it out tonight.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 PM

Yea, sorry for wasting your time guys. I'm pretty sure it was just the fuel line folding under the tank. Everything's running fine now
Thanks for the info though! I'm sure it'll come in handy sooner or later.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:19 AM

Having the same problem with my 1992 CBR 600 F2, it has 26k miles, and has been garage kept for the most part.

I have the exact same problem.. 50 - 55MPH seems to be the key point, as I'll commute to work staying under that without issue... But when I roll of the throttle and pull the clutch when doing around 50+ mph it'll idle for a second then die.. I can usually start it up right away..

I did change my r/r as I thought that might of been the problem.. I've cleaned the carbs the tank and checked all my hoses.. Didn't sea an issue....

A buddy mentioned the ECU as a possiblity.. .He also mentioned the seal on the gas cap maybe causing a vacuum.... Any help would be great, as I don't see any hose getting pinched on my bike.